STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Strange question.
    Not so strange when you consider that Rolemaster has not produced anything really new in over 15 years. Most people at Gaming Cons have never heard of it.

-BP

I've been using the RMC ruleset for almost 5 years now usually weekly with occasional breaks for the holidays and vacations. There used to be reports of crashing but that was a few years ago before I made a change to how the table data is stored in the modules. Basically it was pushing FG to past its maximum memory limit which would cause it to crash. I haven't heard of any crashes with the RMC ruleset in a long time.

I've been working on improving it for about 4 years now. Things are much smoother now than they were when I started using it. I do have a new build version that I am close to turning over to Smiteworks which should resolve the module issues that were brought up recently and make targeting much easier.

Send me a private message if you decide to pick it up and would like a walkthrough of how it works.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bpowell View Post
    Not so strange when you consider that Rolemaster has not produced anything really new in over 15 years. Most people at Gaming Cons have never heard of it.

-BP
    Pretty sure that there are a few new products, some even in the FG store. But in general, yeah there's been a dirth of new. Still, I don't see how or why that would be relevant to an officially supported ruleset on FG.

I am however, not looking to win my race in the Olympics, so agree to disagree and all that.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Pretty sure that there are a few new products, some even in the FG store. But in general, yeah there's been a dirth of new. Still, I don't see how or why that would be relevant to an officially supported ruleset on FG.

I am however, not looking to win my race in the Olympics, so agree to disagree and all that.
    Sorry to be confusing. Before I went overseas this was "the next big thing" I come back after a few years and the folks that were in my circle are very cool on the product. I was even told it was unsupported. Before I dropped the money on the system I wanted to be sure it was a supported and used product.

I am sorry to have caused confusion.

-BP

Thank you for the information and the offer. I will probably get the set next month or so. And once it is in hand I am sure I will have A LOT of questions.

If you want to do the walkthrough before you get it let me know. It might help you decide.

And don't hesitate to ask any questions if you have them.

Blog Entries
    Sorry to be confusing. Before I went overseas this was "the next big thing" I come back after a few years and the folks that were in my circle are very cool on the product. I was even told it was unsupported. Before I dropped the money on the system I wanted to be sure it was a supported and used product.

I am sorry to have caused confusion.

-BP
    There was a period of time when it was relatively unsupported for a while (that was over 4 years ago)... since Dakadin took over development there have been a lot of enhancements... It is a complex ruleset for a complex game system.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the information and the offer. I will probably get the set next month or so. And once it is in hand I am sure I will have A LOT of questions.
    When I found FG, I was super excited, but wary of picking the right VTT for me from among the choices. The community here was very helpful.

I asked if I could watch a Rolemaster session or two, knowing how much of a beast it can be. RMC isn't my favoured iteration, much prefer RMSS, but any RM is better than no RM. Anyways, a very nice group of people, including Dakadin, Trenloe, Blackfoot and Lachancery gave me a great introduction to the power of the Dark Side... er FG and I was hooked on my purchase.
    Last edited by JohnD; February 7th, 2016 at 16:50.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

JohnD RMFRP is better <wink>

Not the module the game rules, Dakadin do not get your knickers in a knot. hahahah

When I bought FG and rolemaster the modules was adequate, enough for me to make the FRP extension, but dakadin has taken it to the next level and the soon to released version of RMC woohooo its another level again. So definately support and players and a great community. Even better since I joined, sorry in a cheeky mood today guys.

I am an old time ICE fan. My friends and I used to play MERP with RM/AL and RM/SL mixed in back in the mid-80's. I introduced my kids and their cousins to MERP and RM1 nearly 15 years ago. Now they are introducing me to VTT with Roll 20 and Pathfinder. With D&D/PF taking the lion's share these days, I face an up hill battle to get their generation re-interested in RMC, though my old college buds have expressed some interest in brushing off the old books.

Long story short, would it be necessary or advised for any of us to invest in the actual RMC books, or are they browseable in FG2? I have watched videos of how much the D&D and PF books are integrated with FG2. I understand that Dakadin is a busy guy, so I was wondering if the RMC books are integrated to the same degree.

Thread Information