5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Map as the background?

Is it possible to write an extension to have the map as the background? Essentially the image display with a grid as the desktop. I'm curious if this is even possible.

Blog Entries
    You can have whatever you as a background image but you can't put a FG grid on it no. You can put a grid on your image and then use it as a decal. There's an example extension for this on the FGCon website in the downloads section.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    You can have whatever you as a background image but you can't put a FG grid on it no. You can put a grid on your image and then use it as a decal. There's an example extension for this on the FGCon website in the downloads section.
    But Correct me if Im wrong. You will have the Image with Grid showing but you will not be able to tie the grid to your combat tracker. It would just basically just be a background.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    But Correct me if Im wrong. You will have the Image with Grid showing but you will not be able to tie the grid to your combat tracker. It would just basically just be a background.
    Yes exactly correct.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

2 years later and about a month's worth of weekend tinkering. it's completely possible. However it was a constant fight with FG's windowing system..

GM view:
    https://giant.gfycat.com/FaintAnotherBubblefish.webm

Player view:
    https://giant.gfycat.com/CoolAdmired...butterfly.webm

Cool. How do we use the webm file?

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector Trelane View Post
    Cool. How do we use the webm file?
    .webm is Web Media; in this case, HTML5 videos. Just click the link (assuming you're using any modern browser) and watch.

Reading this thread I just got the idea to use my campaign regional map as the background since it doesn't need a grid and doesn't change.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    2 years later and about a month's worth of weekend tinkering. it's completely possible. However it was a constant fight with FG's windowing system..

GM view:
    https://giant.gfycat.com/FaintAnotherBubblefish.webm

Player view:
    https://giant.gfycat.com/CoolAdmired...butterfly.webm
    They look pretty awesome.

Looks F---n cool!
    Hopefully that becomes an extension..

Would love to play with it!

Madman
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Thread Information