5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

The Ultimate Fantasy Grounds DM Toolbox

I would like to make a suggestion to the developers. A handy toolbox for us DM's. A module that provides a bunch of really handy tools to help the DM or gamemaster before, during, and after the games. Such things as

* Item combinations
    * Token creation (without having to use other software...ie: token tool)
    * Map editing and re-saving. Something that lets you add to the map such as objects without having to redo all the pushpins (taking an existing hi-def map and re-setting all the pushpins for the encounters is long....)
    * Easy to use creature customization (for example allowing you to take a creature and with one click to create a template from that creature and then simply adding what you need to create a Werewolf lord or a Lizardfolk champion)
    * Customizing pointers to indicate AOE spells on the map of different color for the DM
    * Spells Creation Editor
    * Map Note Labels (like a instant pushpin that can be instantly created by a click on the map with fancy text chosen by the DM)
    * Adding text over a Map with a Font of choice
    * Theme selector, decals etc.
    * Tools for both the DM using the system with a projector or other and for the Dm playing online via the net.

The Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Toolbox. Everything possibly imaginable to help the guy organizing and running the game..... using Fantasy Grounds without having to do any encoding.

I have tones of ideas for you guys. I'm just not much of a programmer.

What do you think?
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Quote Originally Posted by Patou View Post
    * Map editing and re-saving. Something that lets you add to the map such as objects without having to redo all the pushpins (taking an existing hi-def map and re-setting all the pushpins for the encounters is long....)
    You can do this now, edit the map outside of FG - just don't change the image dimensions or the filename and FG will keep any referenced pushpins or encounter token placement.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

And I assume you are directing this at the 5E ruleset?

Some interesting ideas there. I'd recommend you check the FG wishlist to see if these exist already, if not you can add them. FG wishlist here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    And I assume you are directing this at the 5E ruleset?

Some interesting ideas there. I'd recommend you check the FG wishlist to see if these exist already, if not you can add them. FG wishlist here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/
    Mostly directed at 5E. Long time 2nd edition and spent way too much money to start re-evesting in 3rd or 4th. Now with 5E I started investing and currently doing that in both Fantasy Grounds and Wizards. I have both versions of everything. I defiantly see a long future for Fantasy Grounds. Wish I was more savy in the coding. This coming from someone who use to program.... hehe....sad.

I'll check out your link.

Thank you sir
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Blog Entries
    You can do this now, edit the map outside of FG - just don't change the image dimensions or the filename and FG will keep any referenced pushpins or encounter token placement.
    You can for stuff you create but I dont think you can do this for the images in modules like HotDQ or LMoP etc.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You can for stuff you create but I dont think you can do this for the images in modules like HotDQ or LMoP etc.
    Good point.

Good point.
    What about carrying a pushpin from one image to the other...... or loading your encounter from HotDG then bringing to a map??
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

What about carrying a pushpin from one image to the other...... or loading your encounter from HotDG then bringing to a map??
    Not sure what you're referring to here. Could you expand on that please?

So if I understand correctly you want to be able to drag a pre-made encounter to another map? I.E. take an encounter from HotDQ and put it in a custom made module?
    Ultimate License Holder--All can play in my games.

Need Help as a GM, PM me and I will give as much assistance as I can to get you started.

COMPLETED PROJECTS--Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games) 5E. Quests of Doom Volume 1 (Frog God Games) 5E, Quests of Doom Volume II (Frog God Games) 5E.

CURRENT PROJECTS--Quests of Doom 3 & 4 (Frog God Games) 5E.

Quote Originally Posted by jshauber View Post
    So if I understand correctly you want to be able to drag a pre-made encounter to another map? I.E. take an encounter from HotDQ and put it in a custom made module?
    Yes.... I am currently DMing the HotDG and my players about to approach Castle Naetyr (type-o). I want to know if I take one my purchased maps through Jared Blando HD site and add a bunch of stuff to it from my CC3 software....then grap a pushpin from the purchased module from Fantasy Grounds and bring it onto the new map with all the added features?

Is this doable.... hmmmmm?
    (by the way.... love your service!!! amazing stuff)
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Thread Information