FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Multiple tab.png resources?

I have a curious case for the tab frame resource. I believed there was only one, but it turns out there's more than one?

In the provided image you can see the charcter sheet tabs are different from the scroll box tabs. I thought they used the same resource for both?

I'm currently using the wood theme extension, and it appears to be using the wood themed tabs resource for the character sheets, and the CoreRPG tabs for campaignlistwithtabs and scrollboxfortabs elements. The issue here is that it uses the CoreRPG taptop resource for both creating an odd discoloration for the tabs on the campaignlistwithtabs elements.

Any extensions that you are using may be defining their own resources, which may be causing a conflict especially when loading a theme extension as well. I don't recognize the Locations/Towns/Buildings tabs, so I assume they are from another extension.

Regards,
    JPG

I'm using Dulux's Locations Extension and it doesn't touch any kind of tabs. I guess you could say that it's one of the few extensions that makes use of the native 'campaignlistwithtab' window reference so on the vanilla build, it would not show up.

I can't see from the XML where it is overriding tabs.png outside what is done by the wood theme extension.

As a proof of concept, I removed the tab image frame override from the wood extension theme, as well as the tabtop. All tabs are now yellow-ish as is the default and the issue disappears. I think it may have something to do with how campaignlistwithtab is handled vs the charactersheet tabs. in terms of overrides.

Blog Entries
    Id suggest that it is something done differently in the Wood Theme as this doesnt seem to occur in other themes I quickly tested.

It's a conflict between the Woods theme and the DOE extensions.

The Wood theme doesn't know anything about the DOE extensions, and is simply overriding the default tab graphics as it was designed.

The DOE extensions define their own tab graphics which it uses for it's own windows, and it must re-use the tabtop graphic. Dulux-Oz has built a wide range of features into his extension to be able to write a single extension that supports all the various rulesets (instead of an extension per ruleset), but the drawback is that extension interaction issues are greater.

Regards,
    JPG

Ah, yes, I forgot about the DOE base extension he developed. That was the missing piece and now I see the override taking place which I can now fix.

Thanks! I didn't believe the base extension Dulux did anything with tabs, I was quite wrong!

Blog Entries
    I would update the wood theme because that is not one that changes very often however the DOE extensions receive many updates so you would need to keep making your changes each time you downloaded new ones.

OK, so I'm now wondering how you (Ken) got the Locations Main List to have the dark "woody" colouring in the first place - I've just loaded up CoreRPG, 3.5E and 4E with the DOEs and the Wood Theme, and all three have the Locations Main List in its "standard" base colour, not in the "woody" colour your pic in Post #1 shows.

The DOEs were written to accommodate the Wood and Dungeon Themes, and they look nothing like what you are describing (on my PC)

Are you modifying stuff (ie writing an Extension of something)?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

? The wood theme's graphics/frames/scrollbox.png ?

That's what the scrollbox should look like, oddly it was never applied for images/story/npcs/items etc as it seemed to be bundled into campaignlistwithtabs instead so I added the reference to the the xml.

So you changed something, and then wonder why something else doesn't work properly...

I would have thought that the Theme developer would had the Theme working the way it was supposed to (especially a Theme that's been around for so many years) - but if you know best then that's what you should get everyone else to agree too as well. I mean, its not just a Community Dev's Theme that we're talking about, but a SmiteWork Theme.

And yes, I'm taking the p!ss.

Seriously (and putting my sarcasm aside), if you're going to change the Wood Theme then I'd suggest renaming the changed copy so that its not overridded by any updates. As far as how it interacts with any of the DOEs if you'd like to post the modified Theme I'll take a look and see if I can get it to "play nice" with the DOEs - but I can't make any promises.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Thread Information