DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345

Thread: DDEX Modules?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FSHSchmo View Post
    As David said, we currently have all the AL modules built and ready to go, just need the green light You can find DDEX3-1 and DDEX3-2 in the FG store for free with a purchase or $1 donation.
    Okay, let's beat this dead horse! What's the hold up? WotC? And why?

Reason I ask is, if you guys have put this on the back burner, and now sold the stove, based on their age, they might never see the light of day. If that's the case, I'll convert them, and attempt approval by WotC, which under their new licensing agreement, might come to fruition. (Yes, yes, I know, stupidly optimistic, to be sure.)

But if WotC gave you guys a flat, "Nope!" I won't follow you down that rabbit hole.

Thanks in advance guys.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    Okay, let's beat this dead horse! What's the hold up? WotC? And why?

Reason I ask is, if you guys have put this on the back burner, and now sold the stove, based on their age, they might never see the light of day. If that's the case, I'll convert them, and attempt approval by WotC, which under their new licensing agreement, might come to fruition. (Yes, yes, I know, stupidly optimistic, to be sure.)

But if WotC gave you guys a flat, "Nope!" I won't follow you down that rabbit hole.

Thanks in advance guys.
    Several of us have converted a ton of them(lost most mine to a bone head computer issue!) . The problem is they need approval from the author (my understanding) and that can vary greatly. Some have gotten back to people about sharing created mods, but not all. A decent amount of modules are available on the DMs Guild as FG mods . I can usually convert a module in 2-4 hours depending on maps, distractions , etc. The biggest issue with community submitted content would be Uniformity. My computer issues took the wind out of my sails for a while, but I am starting back up slowly but surely and will attempt to contact authors again as I do.
    Ultimate license
    Current Timezone : EDT (GMT -4)
    Running: Various Adventurers League modules
    Playing: Curse of Strahd (Friday nights- OTG), Storm Kings Thunder (Thursday Nights- OTG)
    STEAM: (OTG) Teufelhunde87
    AL DCI: 4115443776

My understanding as well. It is up to the author.

I'm guessing the PDF is covered under WOTC license and can be hosted/sold on DMSguild. FG mods probably aren't as the adventures predate FG becoming official?

So it boils down to the author wanting to convert it, or paying someone to convert it. And setting up a account on DMSguild to sell and get paid? I'm guessing some authors just don't see the couple bucks a month as worth the effort maybe? Shame, because I will never find the time to convert them, and they make great pick-up/one shot games. I'd love to see it happen!

Thread Information