DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Server Characters Not Saving

Hoping someone can assist. My group has been using FG since 2007, but we took a break from 2011 til now. Lots of new, great stuff!

That said, we're running into an issue. The server is not saving our characters. Previously (back in 2010 or so), we could create a character on the GM's open campaign (or import from local), the character would save on the server after a session was complete, and be available to select as a server character when we started the next session.

Now, once the GM shuts down the campaign following a gaming session, the server characters do not appear to be saving. None of the players nor the GM can locate them once we start a new session in the same campaign. We are all using 3.1.5 DM/Player licenses, and playing under the 3.5 ruleset.

Is this normal? Or, Is there a special way to save server characters to ensure they are available from session to session?

Or, failing that, is there a way to export a server character to a local save so that we can import the local character back into the campaign when we start a new gaming session?

Thanks, everyone. Any help would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Hi Whelm this usually means there is a permissions issue for you on your Data location.
    Another possible cause is your Data location is pointing to a cloud sync location like OneDrive/DropBox etc.

Please try right click Fantasy Grounds and Run As Administrator and see if you can save data.
    Also try running the command /save in the chat window.

/save won't really help much - as FG does this automatically in the background every 5 minutes and when the GM exits. This is also not just for characters, this is for all campaign data.

The GM should use the run as administrator option mentioned by damned. However, it is strange that the GM has not noticed other information not saving, as none of the campaign data would be saved if file access is the issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi there,

I am expecting similar issues in a campaign. Players created their characters, we exported them (for savety)and every time I open the campaign, the PC sheet is empty and I have to import the characters. This also means that I have to export them at the end of every session... strangely, another campaign I run never expected the same issue, there the PCs are in the said window and are saved at the end of each session.

I am a bit lost here...

Cheers
    DM
    “All fled — all done, so lift me on the pyre — The Feast is over, and the lamps expire.” Robert E. Howard

Time Zone: Germany (GMT+1)
    Looking for: Players willing to play D&D 5E during family-friendly times (Weekly or bi-Weekly, 90min sessions early evenings)
    Fantasy Grounds: Ultimate Licence owner

DM: D&D 5E and would love to experience "Adventurer's League"
    Player: Any time, any where...

Quote Originally Posted by DM_SJ82 View Post
    I am a bit lost here...
    As mentioned above, use "run as administrator".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks, it seriously worked. What I do not understand is, that it then sometimes saves PCs and sometimes doesn't, as I never started it as an admin so far and it worked once, and didn't work once. Strange indeed!

Kudos and thanks for your patience!
    “All fled — all done, so lift me on the pyre — The Feast is over, and the lamps expire.” Robert E. Howard

Time Zone: Germany (GMT+1)
    Looking for: Players willing to play D&D 5E during family-friendly times (Weekly or bi-Weekly, 90min sessions early evenings)
    Fantasy Grounds: Ultimate Licence owner

DM: D&D 5E and would love to experience "Adventurer's League"
    Player: Any time, any where...

Blog Entries
    Hiya all - if any of you are running Win7/8 or a Wineskinned version and have some time to do some testing.... Moon Wizard has identified the likely cause and a probable fix but it needs more testing on these versions.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...taller-changes

Thread Information