DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 13 of 19 First ... 31112131415 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    I got yelled at when I suggested this. Apparently using dice modifiers for task difficulty (while mathematically identical) is somehow wrong when it should be the target number changing... :-)
    1) Please don't start that "discussion" again and derail another thread. Thanks.
    2) In Mongoose Traveller version 1 (which is what this ruleset is), the target number for skill checks is always 8. Assuming you have a copy of the first edition rulebook - look at pages 48 and 49. First edition of the rules always has a target number of 8 for skill checks, and applies a modifier for difficulty (table on page 49). Second edition (the version you were discussing in another thread) has changed this to have a target number for task difficulty (page 58 of the second ed rulebook).

So, for first edition Mongoose Traveller, MadBeardMan is 100% correct in indicating success of a skill check on a 8+. Now, let's move on and not derail this thread please. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Please don't start that "discussion" again and derail another thread.
    It was a joke, as evidenced by the smiley at the end. But I will shut up now.

MadBeardman, I'm currently in a WOIN (NEW) game outside of fg, and a friend is helping me acquire source material, if you need play testers I'm definitely down, as well i'd probably be writing a couple different settings or definitely interested in it.

Phew been away for work all darn week, back now, but back to my (now) 10 year olds birthday party, a gang of 9-10 year old girls and a sleepover, aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so coding tonight... and yes 8+ for Target Numbers in 1st Ed, plus on desktop modifiers. As for WOiN it's getting very close, anyway Traveller is just as close, some screenies of the updated data soon, I need to see if @Damned is ok to finish off the theme.
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; June 10th, 2017 at 17:25.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Went through and did some reading: Pushing ship combat later or has your group gotten through that?

@madbeardman If you get further on woin or if its in a state where it could be tested/run feel free to send a message my way

Is anything happening with this ruleset, any idea of timescales etc.

Quote Originally Posted by yondar View Post
    Is anything happening with this ruleset, any idea of timescales etc.
    Hello, yes it's still ongoing, I'm almost done with What's Old is New (thankfully) then onto this, no timescales as previously RL has come up and bit me. Soon I hope.

Also I'm speaking with Matthew Spange of Mongoose about this.

Cheers
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by Wookiee420 View Post
    i know this is a semi necro, but how is WOiN progress going?
    Also can I pick your brain on how you make spacecraft work, like beyond the refman? That is if you ever figured out a method to do spacecraft combat. I would love to make an extension for the PF ruleset for something I am working on that needs spacecraft.
    Ok first, WOiN is very very close, 3 items to kill off, but more testing happening soon. It's kept me in a dark hole for far too long, so many caveats within the rules and being honest, I didn't know enough of FG. I've learned a lot though and what I've learned is going to go into Traveller. It will now be known as Classic Traveller as Mongoose have had 2E out for plenty long enough.

Regarding the Spacecraft, that's yet to be decided, but seems we'll need a brand new Combat Tracker for vehicles, plus a Database for vehicles, so be that a spacecraft, a hummer, a boat etc. Need to think long and hard because one thing FG has taught me, learn the correct way first by taking your time rather than coding and hitting a wall.

Anyway assuming WOiN is in FG's hands end of this month, then November will be a hard at work on Traveller month. Need to see where I left off and then decide how to complete it, then I will be doing Taveller 2E.

Looking forward to being able to pick up Traveller.

Thread Information