STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

How do you uninstall FantasyGrounds with Windows 10?

Hi All,

I think I've read most of what there is to read here, but still can't find a way to effectively uninstall FantasyGrounds with Windows 10.

(I still plan to use it, as well as my character data, just want to wipe and reinstall the app)

Here are some background notes:

I originally downloaded FG via the www.fantasygrounds.com site and not through Steam.
    I installed FG to default locations.
    The FG app does not appear using the typical Windows 10 uninstall process, ie Start Menu > Settings > System > Select Apps & features (as a side question, I'd also like to understand why it doesn't appear here)
    I have already tried to re-install FG using your website in the hopes of finding the uninstaller. It did not appear.
    I have already tried using the command line to uninstall, ie "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds II\FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe" -u and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe" -u

Thanks for your help!
    We meet ourselves time and again in a thousand disguises on the path of life

Quote Originally Posted by Maadiah View Post
    Hi All,

I think I've read most of what there is to read here, but still can't find a way to effectively uninstall FantasyGrounds with Windows 10.

(I still plan to use it, as well as my character data, just want to wipe and reinstall the app)

Here are some background notes:

I originally downloaded FG via the www.fantasygrounds.com site and not through Steam.
    I installed FG to default locations.
    The FG app does not appear using the typical Windows 10 uninstall process, ie Start Menu > Settings > System > Select Apps & features (as a side question, I'd also like to understand why it doesn't appear here)
    I have already tried to re-install FG using your website in the hopes of finding the uninstaller. It did not appear.
    I have already tried using the command line to uninstall, ie "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds II\FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe" -u and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe" -u

Thanks for your help!
    Although it doesn't appear on the list of apps if you 'type an app name' it will appear. At least it does for me.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Although it doesn't appear on the list of apps if you 'type an app name' it will appear. At least it does for me.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't for me
    We meet ourselves time and again in a thousand disguises on the path of life

All you are left with then is to delete the directory in C/Program Files(x86)/Fantasy Grounds.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Doing the above is pretty much all the uninstaller does.
    You can manually delete registry keys but the uninstaller also doesnt do that.
    And then your data files are uually in %appdata%\fantasy grounds or c:\programdata\fantasy grounds

Just wondering why exactly the program does not come with an uninstall option right on the menu like most programs?

It’s included in the Windows Add and Remove Programs section, just like most apps.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It’s included in the Windows Add and Remove Programs section, just like most apps.

Regards,
    JPG
    This is not true on at least two computers - FG never appeared in the Add/Remove programs list for me. I uninstall it from the "FG Unintall" app option in the Start Menu.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    This is not true on at least two computers - FG never appeared in the Add/Remove programs list for me. I uninstall it from the "FG Unintall" app option in the Start Menu.
    It seems to vary; in my last computer I had to type FG into the remove app search bar before I could see it. On this computer it appears in the Apps list just fine. I don't see any uninstall (or indeed anything for FG) in the start menu list.

Probably it depends on the OS. The way Windows from 7 to 10 handle the start menu is a bit different and if FG is not taking this into account - it can happen exactly that
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information