FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    You should receive a new license. You need to enter it in your settings and then update.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Derp, that was the problem, thx Moon

So I'm making a story entry and want to put a table in that has one column for say monsters encountered and another column for the xp award. But when I put the paragraph in table format using the radial menu I can only get one column. Is there a way short of coding to get that second one to show up?

For inline story entry table formatting see the last three entries in the table here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ed_Text_Fields CTRL+TAB is the main one - adds new cells to the current line or starts a new row on the next line.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Played in a 5e AL game last night and had some issues with importing my character. (it wasn't in the window when I clicked the blue import button.) Do I need to store my character xml's somewhere specific to be able to upload them or...??? This only seems to be an issue when I am logged into a game as a player, when I am a GM I can navigate through my directory and find the file I need.

When you join a game you can only select characters that the GM has available. If you want to use a character you have created you'll need to send it to him in advance so that he can store it ready for you to import into his game. I think.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Vladlock View Post
    Played in a 5e AL game last night and had some issues with importing my character. (it wasn't in the window when I clicked the blue import button.) Do I need to store my character xml's somewhere specific to be able to upload them or...???
    Where did you create the character? If you used "Manage Characters" then the PC will be stored locally on the computer where you created it (in the <FG App Data>\characters directory) and will be available to select when you click the blue arrow in the Character Selection window after joining a GMs game (assuming the FG ruleset used to create the PC match that used by the GM).

Manage Characters is a good piece of functionality that avoids the need to email PCs to GMs. Although, some GMs may want you to do this anyway, as it gives them the chance to review the PC prior to a gaming session.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is there a way to make a "trap NPC" for 5e? Its a simple falling rock trap, the PC's have to make a dex save vs DC 10 to take half dmg, but I am having a hard time setting this up. Any tips?

So my 5e rogue just hit lvl 5 and got Uncanny Dodge which states, "If an attacker that I see hits me I can use my reaction to take half damage" is there a way to set up an effect so that this doesnt have to be done manually and slow down the game? I know its only if I use my reaction so if I used my reaction for anything else I would remove it for that round.

Thread Information