STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Vlad's post of inquiries

So I got tired of starting a whole new thread every time I have a question so I am just going to keep adding on to this one.

So here's the question on my mind. I am making story entries from scratch and want to make a "Random Encounter" table that has the die on it where you click and it rolls it for you and shows the result. However I am beginning to think that this is not possible without going into the code and doing it there. Anyone have any tips on how to pull this off?

Also trying to figure out how one would make an effect to encompass a rangers Favored Terrain ability.

EDIT: figured out how to get all the bonuses in one effect, but is there a way to just show the name of the Effect in the CT? i.e. show Favored Terrain Cold, instead of init:2, skill:2 knowledge geography, perception, stealth, survival?
    Last edited by Vladlock; December 24th, 2015 at 10:57.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladlock View Post
    So I got tired of starting a whole new thread every time I have a question so I am just going to keep adding on to this one.

So here's the question on my mind. I am making story entries from scratch and want to make a "Random Encounter" table that has the die on it where you click and it rolls it for you and shows the result. However I am beginning to think that this is not possible without going into the code and doing it there. Anyone have any tips on how to pull this off?
    Without coding I believe you have to link to teh table and from there you can roll...

Also trying to figure out how one would make an effect to encompass a rangers Favored Terrain ability.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...594#post244594
    Just use a modifier prior to rolling at those times...

What ruleset are you talking about?

For any ruleset you create tables by clicking on the menu in the top right hand side. You can drag links into the table for random encounters and they'll be output into chat. You assign the dice by dragging it into the little dice box in the top left. Once your table is done you can drag it into a story to link it to that story.

Is this anywhere close to answering your question or have I answered a different question.

In 5e at least there's not a way to create an effect to handle the Ranger's Favoured Terrain ability. See here for more on creating effects for the 5e ranger abilities.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

ok the table thing kinda makes sense. I'll check that out when I'm not at work. I was trying to just make it straight in the story entry and getting frustrated. The ranger is for pathfinder. I figured out how to get all the modifiers into the effect. Is there some way that you can change the name the effect displays in the CT? So it would say Favored Terrain not all the bonuses?

No you can't make a table in a story.

And no you can't just have a title for an effect which will then do all the stuff you want. It will always show the bonuses.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Create a story entry.
    Add a line called
    My Devilishly Clever Table - while teh cursor is still on that line press [ctrl]+[5] and an icon will appear to the left - usually a square but may be a circle.
    Open up your table and drag the table link - not the dice link - on to that new square/circle and it will be come a link to the table.

Create an Effect called - Favoured Terrain: Mountains with duration 0 Days and apply it....

Is there a way, as a GM to set up the masterwork property of a weapon before it gets on the characters inventory sheet that will not also add the +1 to dmg?

Is there a way, as a GM to set up the masterwork property of a weapon before it gets on the characters inventory sheet that will not also add the +1 to dmg?
    Which system are you referring to here? If you're talking about 3.5E/PF then the masterwork property adds +1 to hit when it is dragged to the PC charsheet, not to damage.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It was pathfinder, just wasn't sure where to put it so it worked without having to tweek it thx.

Thread Information