5E Character Create Playlist
Page 29 of 39 First ... 192728293031 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Razortide View Post
    Alright, for testing purposes I used the old translation from André and tinkered around with it. I've found that german terms are often overflowing and I have a few issues with umlauts, but found my solution in the Core RPG part. If it is ok, I would check out both files for updating purpose. (CoreRPG and SaWo)
    Ping?

Hi!

@ dulux-oz : As you told me, I started with CoreRPG (v3.3.7 today) in French which brought new features not translated since LPak.ext in french is for 3.3.3.
    For exemple the whole vehicule menu.

But the ressource file for CoreRPG in post #3 is still 3.3.2. Should I use the files of the ruleset or wait for your updated ressource archive to do the job as explain in the doc.

For the images, is that better to create a new image to look the same, or to modify the english one?

Bye!

Força Ai Master Jena
    Sempre que possa vou testando as coisas que fizeres
    Abraço grande
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

I've made a Full translation (ruleset, interface and graphics) of CoreRPG for Brazilian Portuguese, but i've made it as an extension, since i was not aware of this project. I'm i allowed to post it here in the forum? How should i proceed?
    Last edited by Alanrockid; January 12th, 2019 at 01:27.
    "A saint does what is right. A leader does what is necessary."

Quote Originally Posted by Alanrockid View Post
    I've made a Full translation (ruleset, interface and graphics) of CoreRPG for Brazilian Portuguese, but i've made it as an extension, since i was not aware of this project. I'm i allowed to post it here in the forum? How should i proceed?
    This is awesome!
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Hi:

I've used the Savage Worlds LPak zip file to create a quick translation into Spanish, but there are some strings missing, for example "Pace" from Derived Stats is not in the xml files, so that when I load the extensiton, not all the items are translated and the final results is a mix between native English and my Spanish strings.

I've tried to get those strings from the original ruleset and I've incorporated them to the extension, but seems that those lines are not loaded, for example"Pace" is within a string called "derivedstat_pace", I've included in my strings_common.xml as <string name="derivedstat_pace">Paso</string> but it is still in english in the FG.

Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Welcome lozanjoe

try changing this one too:
    <string name="armor_label_pace">Pace</string>
    Was an example, in fact, I catched all them all, included "armor_label_pace".

When I saw there were missing strings I took the 5 complete xml files from the original pak ruleset and replace the ones in the Lpak and translated.

So I took all the strings in the ruleset, but still there are a lot of things in english, not only Pace: see screenshoot.

screenshot.33.jpg
    screenshot.34.jpg
    Last edited by lozanoje; February 9th, 2019 at 09:14.

Quote Originally Posted by lozanoje View Post
    Hi:

I've used the Savage Worlds LPak zip file to create a quick translation into Spanish, but there are some strings missing, for example "Pace" from Derived Stats is not in the xml files, so that when I load the extensiton, not all the items are translated and the final results is a mix between native English and my Spanish strings.

I've tried to get those strings from the original ruleset and I've incorporated them to the extension, but seems that those lines are not loaded, for example"Pace" is within a string called "derivedstat_pace", I've included in my strings_common.xml as <string name="derivedstat_pace">Paso</string> but it is still in english in the FG.

Am I missing something?
    Edit: Yes, I was missing something:

1.- SW ruleset depends on CoreRPG, and must be specified in dependencies and, of course, also translated.
    2.- There are "derived statistics" that must be updated manually using lua script.

I've noticed this thanks to the work of the Portuguese translation, thanks!

HI Everyone!!

I bought this app yesterday and I must confess I think it is amazing! I want to collaborate as much as I can to this project. Since I am Spanish (living abroad so my English should be good enough for translations) most of my manuals are in Spanish, which pose a problem when using specific modules or adventures. I don't mind expending some of my time translating as much as I can to make the app fully compatible with Spanish modules. I have some doubts first though, I hope you can show some light:

* Are we translating modules and rulesets only? Will this affect to all icons in Fantasy Grounds that seem hard-coded to English? (for example, "Library" being "Biblioteca", etc)
    * The last edit on the LPak Framework was almost 1 year ago (3rd of May). Are those files still valid for the current version of the game?
    * Can this translations help in the automatic operations in Fantasy Grounds (I've noticed yesterday that if I want to create a new race for example, in the traits, there are specific sentences that need to be used in order for the system to catch them like "Your Dexterity score increases by 2."). After translated, will the system understands the Spanish translation of that sentence in order to make the change automatically?

Thanks, I am hoping to find all the free time that I can to translate everything.
    Last edited by JusefPol; February 16th, 2019 at 08:59.

Thread Information