5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 25 of 39 First ... 15232425262735 ... Last
    I have managed to convert the icon files to photoshop format, with the text on a separate layer. I hope this may be useful to other people engaged in translating.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by RosenMcStern View Post
    I have managed to convert the icon files to photoshop format, with the text on a separate layer. I hope this may be useful to other people engaged in translating.
    Excellent - thank you!
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

And here comes alpha (well, maybe even beta) version of language pack 2.2 for Italian. It should be fully functional but testing is required.

CoC Brazilian Portuguese

Hello everyone! I'm from Brazil and i've been wandering about fantasy grounds for some years and finally decided to buy it and try to use it to play with some friends. As my friends don't have the opportunity to learn english i've come here to see how to set the things easier to them.

I'll be using the Call of Cthulhu 6E Ruleset to have some fun and make some translations in my way to play, so probably i'll be making some contributions with it.

I thought it would be harder, here is my first try, please be my guest! And if there is a way to translate the skills names please let me know.

See ya!
    Last edited by miguelfreirejunior; June 9th, 2018 at 21:32. Reason: First try to translation

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Yes, at the moment. I'd like to try to get people involved in a more "git-like" method, but it has been proving harder than I'd like - both in terms of time, organisation, etc
    Actually as a developer i'm quite used to git, so, if there is a possibility to use it in my translations would be good.

Ps.: Could we put the resources in an external repository (as github), if it doesn't have one yet?
    Last edited by miguelfreirejunior; June 8th, 2018 at 16:43. Reason: Add a quotation

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I had coreRPG full translated to Portuguese Brazilian and Call of Cthulhu 6E, but not in LPack convention...
    If you want to share, we could use it to make faster the translation to LPack.

Hi !
    I am working on the French LPak for the Savage Worlds Ruleset.
    The thing is... We can't translate Skills names without messing with the scripts.

For example:
    in the ruleset Parry is a derived stat that equals to 2 + half the Fighting skill. I would like to change "Fighting" to "Combat" but as the calculation is hard-coded it is still looking for "Fighting"...
    This problem propagates in various ways and has other cases.

Edit: And the LPak framework for savage worlds is out of date ^^
    Last edited by metazeta; July 15th, 2018 at 01:28.

Quote Originally Posted by metazeta View Post
    Hi !
    I am working on the French LPak for the Savage Worlds Ruleset.
    The thing is... We can't translate Skills names without messing with the scripts.

For example:
    in the ruleset Parry is a derived stat that equals to 2 + half the Fighting skill. I would like to change "Fighting" to "Combat" but as the calculation is hard-coded it is still looking for "Fighting"...
    This problem propagates in various ways and has other cases.

Edit: And the LPak framework for savage worlds is out of date ^^
    Check the translation I made for Brazilian Portuguese. I introduce the code for a new attack, keeping "melee" but also introducing a new attack that uses the translated name of the skill. I also re register the derived stats like parry, toughness, to use the translated words. If you need any help I'll be happy to assist you with it. Right now I'd say the Brazilian Portuguese translation is close to 99% with expressions and code fully working. Ikael has also been little by little making it possible to translate everything in the ruleset.

Just hit me up on Discord and I'll be glad to help.
    Last edited by Dr0W; July 15th, 2018 at 01:39.

I know it's possible to do it by meddling with the script, but it's not a viable long term solution plus it is a minor problem that could be handled in a future ruleset release.
    I was thinking of a temporary workaround similar to yours, I will check your work ;-)

It's a viable long term solution. I'm not messing with code already written in it, I only coded what wouldn't become obsolete after updates to the ruleset.

Thread Information