STAR TREK 2d20
Page 22 of 39 First ... 12202122232432 ... Last
    Hello from Germany,

from my understanding, the files in this thread (from drvolk) are not current and can not be used with the actual version of FantasyGrounds, right?

Or can they be used, with some errors? I would not mind if there were some minor problems, but the program should not crash, destroying unsaved work.

If it can be used, is there a guide on installation?

Thanks & best regards
    Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Evingolis View Post
    Hello from Germany,

from my understanding, the files in this thread (from drvolk) are not current and can not be used with the actual version of FantasyGrounds, right?

Or can they be used, with some errors? I would not mind if there were some minor problems, but the program should not crash, destroying unsaved work.

If it can be used, is there a guide on installation?

Thanks & best regards
    Stefan
    They can be used without issue - the only "issue" is that some of the translations have not been done (hence being marked out of date - the translations need to be updated).

The files are Extensions - copy the ones you want/need into your FG Extensions folder and then from the FG Load Screen select the ones you want. Note that this applies to all Extensions, not just these LPaks

Any other questions, etc, just ask

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

@dulux-oz:

thank you very much for the help, I was able to get the extensions running.

Is it possible to get a translation for the contents, too? Most important monster names, equipment and spell names. Is there a way to get that translated?

Best regards
    Stefan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Evingolis View Post
    @dulux-oz:

thank you very much for the help, I was able to get the extensions running.

Is it possible to get a translation for the contents, too? Most important monster names, equipment and spell names. Is there a way to get that translated?

Best regards
    Stefan
    Hi Stefan the translations are only for the rulesets and not for the reference materials.

Hello damned,

thanks for the clarification, then we will have to live with that, somehow

Best regards
    Stefan

Blog Entries
    The problem with translating the contents is that much of the automation (especially for 5E) is based off the words used in the spells, traits, etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    The problem with translating the contents is that much of the automation (especially for 5E) is based off the words used in the spells, traits, etc.
    Thanks for the info. The same problem applies to PCGEN; I have tried to do a translation for this last week and found that it will not work with the data structure that PCGEN uses. My workaround will be to translate the exported character sheets - they are text/HTML.

Best regards
    Stefan

Hi,

at least for the Pathfinder RPG it would be possible to create SRD modules in german language also, because there is one SRD at https://prd.5footstep.de and I did start writing a script to scrap these informations and create an FG compatible module for that.

But the most "ruleset" automation things will not work with content which is not in english language, because the parsing of keywords is allways done with english words and they currently could not be replaced by "translated" string resource within an LPak extension.

Hopefully this will be changed in one of the future releases of FG (maybe with Unity?), we will see ...

Thread Information