STAR TREK 2d20

chatwindow issue in 5e/CoreRPG

Hi

I am using 5e/CoreRPG on a Mac using Wineskin and get the following console output when I load a campaign under 3.1.3:

Code:
    Runtime Notice: Host session started
    Ruleset Warning: chatwindow: Attempt to create multiple instances in windowclass (chat)
    Ruleset Error: window: Control(chatscroll) anchoring to an undefined control (chat) in windowclass (chat)
    Ruleset Error: window: Control(chatscroll) anchoring to an undefined control (chat) in windowclass (chat)
    Ruleset Error: window: Control(chatstatus) anchoring to an undefined control (chat) in windowclass (chat)
    Ruleset Error: window: Control(chatstatus) anchoring to an undefined control (chat) in windowclass (chat)
    The ruleset then loads, but with nowhere to enter anything in the chat window. This arises even on new, clean campaigns. Is there an update that I'm missing? I also have a script error in manager_combat2.lua with the method Interface.setDistanceDiagMult, which isn't defined.

Many thanks

Stuart

This is usually caused when not being on v3.1.4 - I got it myself earlier today on an older computer I hadn't updated.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hmm, thanks for the answer, it was spot-on. However it has revealed another problem (with my understanding, not with FG).

When I launch FG using Wineskin on my Mac, the launcher shows version 3.1.2 in the top right-hand corner. I press "Check for updates" and it updates to 3.1.4 and the above issue goes away. When I quit FG and restart the application it reverts to 3.1.2 for some reason. Is there a step I am missing to commit the updates under Wineskin?

Apologies for the dumb questions!

Stuart

Found the issue: Wineskin was configured with the install directory C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds but it was running from C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds II and hence the update was being installed in the wrong place. I was able to fix it using the Wineskin registry editor.

Sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by StuartW View Post
    Sorted.
    Cool!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information