STAR TREK 2d20

Instant Death Effect?

Hi everyone. I am creating a trap with a poison that causes death if the saving throw fails and I am trying to make this work as an NPC trap. I have the effect defined in the Traits section but can't figure out how to define an effect that causes instant death. For the moment I have defined a 1d0+1000 poison damage entry just to put some value that is high enough to impose death. Is there a better way to do this?

Nope; there's no instant death effect. Massive damage would be the only way to go.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Zacchaeus, thank you very much for the response. I am relative new to FG and am working hard to learn the intricacies of this powerful system. Your posts through-out the various threads indicate that you are very active and willing to help the community. Your efforts are very much appreciated.

Cheers!

Also before anyone else gives me a sideways glance, I didn't notice that was your first post so welcome to the forums and to the FG community.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

or as DM you could also say
    "well that didnt go well for you....not well at all......"

"Someone get the hose..."
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TMO View Post
    Hi everyone. I am creating a trap with a poison that causes death if the saving throw fails and I am trying to make this work as an NPC trap. I have the effect defined in the Traits section but can't figure out how to define an effect that causes instant death. For the moment I have defined a 1d0+1000 poison damage entry just to put some value that is high enough to impose death. Is there a better way to do this?
    It brings tears of joy to my DM eyes, yes it does.

Welcome!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    It brings tears of joy to my DM eyes, yes it does.

Welcome!
    Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone.

Regarding this trap, it's a part of my effort to port the Tomb of Horrors into FG using the 5E ruleset. I've come across a couple of other threads where people have shared their desires and efforts to port ToH. When I am done I'll add my voice to those discussions. Thus far I have the entire adventure entered as a chaptered story with links to all of the original illustrations meant for players to see. I also have the DM and Player maps (using Mike Schley's rendition) all nicely updated with shortcuts to each chapter.

Now I am going back and adding NPCs, encounters, and making sure all content is compatible with 5E rules and sensibilities. A lot of work...but so far it is a labor of love and it is helping me really understand how to work with FG (beyond using pre-purchased modules.)

Another question: I don't seem to have the ability to update my avatar. Is this something I have to request or earn from the admins?

you just need more posts i believe.

Thread Information