FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Unarmed Attack

Unarmed Attack

How do you add an unarmed (martial arts) attack for a monk? Do you have to create a power? I just don't see an option to add an attack without first dropping a weapon into equipment.

Thanks,

Kulis

Quote Originally Posted by Kulis View Post
    How do you add an unarmed (martial arts) attack for a monk? Do you have to create a power? I just don't see an option to add an attack without first dropping a weapon into equipment.

Thanks,

Kulis
    Create a new weapon (right click and select Create Item in the weapons action section) and just call it unarmed attack. Click on the magnifying glass at the end of the line you have created and edit the stat used (probably STR or DEX) and then the damage. And you are done. See here for more info on how to create new weapons.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ok, I wasn't sure if there was a better way to do it! That's what I have set up right now!

Thanks!

Kulis

You used to be able to drag "unarmed strike" from the weapons list, before Wiz "fixed" it.

I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Unlike in PFRPG/3.5E where you can drag this from the Weapons table, the Unarmed Strike option is not listed in the PHB weapons table (because it's not included in the print material).

In 5E, you can create an Unarmed Strike item in your campaign (with a Type of "Weapon") and it will do the same thing.

There's a gray area about "adding" content to the official book modules, since it becomes our interpretation instead of the official rules; so we haven't added anything that's not in the official books.

Regards,
    JPG

Moon Wizard, Unarmed Strike used to be in the PHB (paper copy and in FG's copy) as a weapon but it was eratta'd out a wee while ago and FG updated the weapon list to make it go away. I think this might be what epithet was referring to.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yeah, Zac executed a perfect epithet to English translation.

Thank you for asking this question. I just had to look this up because a player did not know where to drag and drop it. I helped make it manually for her. It seems silly to not have it added automatically when you choose Monk.

p.s. Sorry for the resurrection spell on this post.
    Last edited by kalebbroo; November 4th, 2018 at 21:57.

I did this and it works fine. But it shows an icon in front of the unarmed attack for "Carried", "Equipped", and "Not carried". Is there some way to remove that? It makes no sense in this case.

I did this and it works fine. But it shows an icon in front of the unarmed attack for "Carried", "Equipped", and "Not carried". Is there some way to remove that? It makes no sense in this case.

EDIT: Never mind. It went away once I changed modes.

Thread Information