5E Character Create Playlist

Thread: Character reset

Character reset

Greetings,

I finished a game this week and when I loaded the character afterwards, I still had wound damage and down a hit die.

So, is there a way to reset a character after an adventure without loading it into another game or on your own PC by running a host and client and then doing a long rest to reset everything? I ended up doing the latter because I didn't see a way to manually reset the hit die usage (5e ruleset)

Thanks

Change the wounds field to "0".

To manually reinstate Hit Dice used click on the little magnifying glass beside your class and level on the Main page of your character sheet. There you will find details of the Hit Dice used. Set the number in the Used box to zero. As Andraax says you can also manually reinstate HP by reducing wounds, again on the main page, to zero. You'll have to reinstate anything else manually also, such as reinstating spell slots or abilities used up.

In short there isn't an automatic way to do all that except by having a long rest as you describe.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the replies.

Fixing the wounds was easy but the hit die fix had me scratching my head. I did look in the "magnifying glass" pop-up but I didn't see where to restore the hit die number. It's fixed for now but I'll look there again.

I guess I'll try to remember to ask the DM to run a full rest after the session for the 1-shot adventures.

Thread Information