5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Do you think there's any chance that the adjustments I suggested here for the language feature might be added to a future update? That is:

• When generating the "gibberish" text for those that don't understand the language, you add a random number of letters to each word - but this number is often quite high, making the words (and sentences) rather long on the whole. Could you reduce the maximum number of letters added (making it, say, between zero and two)?
    • For the gibberish text, you select random characters - but the number and punctuation characters in the replacement fonts are often not really changed (and even the capital letters, sometimes), making the "foreign" speech not look so good, with ordinary numbers dotted around it. Could you just choose random lower-case alphabetical characters?

Alternatively, can anyone point me to where I might make these adjustments myself?
    Last edited by Callum; November 23rd, 2015 at 10:50.

West Virginia (not the redneckish part), USA
    I could see that as an option/extension, but realistically if something says "Dwarves and dogs stay off the grass" in Elvish, it'll be the same print, and how often does the same thing come up repetitively enough for someone to figure it out? And even if they do more power to them figuring out the next one says "Ignore the other sign" in Elvish
    No matter where you go, there you are !!
    Ultimate License

Updates

• [CoreRPG+] Shortened random word length addition for gibberish text generated by language feature (from 1-6 extra down to 0-2 extra)
    • [5E] Updated forge to handle names like "Handaxe +2", in addition to already supported "Handaxe, +2".

Regards,
    JPG

Callum,

From my review of the gibberish generation code, every non-space character is replaced with a random alphanumeric character.

For simplicity, punctuation is converted just like any other letter (i.e. to an alphanumeric character). Since punctuation varies by language and many of the new language fonts (even the official ones) don't have specific punctuation characters, it seemed the easiest solution.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    [CoreRPG+] Shortened random word length addition for gibberish text generated by language feature (from 1-6 extra down to 0-2 extra)
    That's fantastic - thanks very much, JPG!

My issue with the other bit is that if it's randomly selecting from all alphanumeric characters, then you will reasonably often get a numeral cropping up in the text, which doesn't look great - so my preference was to restrict the random selection just to lower-case letters. But I appreciate that this isn't an important issue for most people!

So I'm in favour of converting everything, including punctuation - I'd just like it all converted to letters.
    Last edited by Callum; November 24th, 2015 at 11:25.

There was a push to the Test channel today for 5E DLC in case you are checking in.

Cheers,
    JPG

Pushed a few more DLC data updates today for 5E DLC.

JPG

Moon Wizard, just in case you don't see this here's something you should see.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Updates

• [CoreRPG+] Text entered into chat entry box when using language feature was not being remembered by chat entry box history. Fixed.

Cheers,
    JPG

Updates

• [CnC] Script error when opening party sheet which prevents group ability rolls from being used. Fixed.
    • [DEV][CoreRPG+] Combo box template would generate script errors if frame defined with attributes instead of child tags. Fixed.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information