5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Tip: When you're working on your campaign, and you don't want your players logging into your server, just un-check the "Enable Alias" radio button.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ffujita View Post
    Tip: When you're working on your campaign, and you don't want your players logging into your server, just un-check the "Enable Alias" radio button.
    Enabling "password" works much better. Maybe my network is different but players can connect to me alias or not. In fact, they can even connect using an old alias.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kavaliro View Post
    Map grid blues got you down? The problem is, grid sizes in Fantasy Grounds' grid layer must be an even number, but our friendly cartographers tend to use an odd number.
    I think this might be a setting on your mouse scroll wheel - mine takes odd and even numbers just fine...?

Quote Originally Posted by ffujita View Post
    Disabling alias doesn't do anything if your WAN IP address hasn't changed since you last started FG, as the Fantasy Grounds server will still have your IP address/Alias stored from previously. Thus players will still be able to connect with the alias, even if you've "disabled" it. Best to quickly add a password as Mask suggests.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I just turn off port forwarding on my router unless I'm hosting a game. Then I don't have to worry about anyone logging in.

UM, not sure why having someone logged in while you are working would matter anyway unless you just don't want to see their portrait or having them chatting at you.

They can't see anything you are working on unless you share it with them or have it enabled for access from the library....
    Ultimate License Holder--All can play in my games.

Need Help as a GM, PM me and I will give as much assistance as I can to get you started.

COMPLETED PROJECTS--Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games) 5E. Quests of Doom Volume 1 (Frog God Games) 5E, Quests of Doom Volume II (Frog God Games) 5E.

CURRENT PROJECTS--Quests of Doom 3 & 4 (Frog God Games) 5E.

Quote Originally Posted by jshauber View Post
    UM, not sure why having someone logged in while you are working would matter anyway....
    You can't use /reload if someone is connected to you. Sure, you can exit (booting them out) and restart, but /reload when you're doing ruleset/extension development is much quicker.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You can't use /reload if someone is connected to you. Sure, you can exit (booting them out) and restart, but /reload when you're doing ruleset/extension development is much quicker.
    OK, since I don't have the skills for ruleset/extension work I didn't realize that. Good to know.
    Ultimate License Holder--All can play in my games.

Need Help as a GM, PM me and I will give as much assistance as I can to get you started.

COMPLETED PROJECTS--Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games) 5E. Quests of Doom Volume 1 (Frog God Games) 5E, Quests of Doom Volume II (Frog God Games) 5E.

CURRENT PROJECTS--Quests of Doom 3 & 4 (Frog God Games) 5E.

And FG also slows down quite a bit when a player connects.

My biggest problem with folks trying to connect while I'm working on the adventures is that I don't build the adventures in the same "Campaign" as where I run the actual game. I build out adventure modules in their own Campaign and then export them as modules once they're done, importing the saved module into the actual game campaign instance. That way, once the adventure is well and truly over, I can simply disconnect the module and all of the clutter goes away with it, keeping the actual game always streamlined to focus on the current adventure module.

In that scenario, when someone tries to log in, they don't find their character on the server at that time and usually have a little moment of panic that's nice to avoid if possible. Thanks for the tip on setting up a password while I'm working to prevent the odd connection!

Thread Information