DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Llisandur View Post
    It doesn't overwrite the previously added languages because it's simply adding to the end of the array. The extension's code uses GameSystem.languagefonts = {["language"] = "language"} which sets the array to a new array.
    Sorry, I was assuming you were copying a whole new table over - as you only had one line of code. It wasn't clear that you would have one line for each individual language. If it works, go with it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah, just copy both of those lines for each language. It works great.
    Ultimate License Holder
    US Central Time Zone

Currently Running:
    Player in Carrion Crown w/ Ponyfinder - Sunday @ 7:30pm

Character Creation and Management: PCGen

It's another way of doing what the commented out code in the extension originally did. I remember what the original issue was - some rulesets, CoreRPG included, don't define the GameSystem.languagefonts in manager_gamesystem.lua, so using GameSystem.languagefonts["language"] = "language" produces and error and the script exits. That's why I hard coded the tables, not adding them onto any existing table - because it wasn't there. I could have coded around it, but it was basically a proof-of-concept extension, and it worked, so I didn't take it any further.

You can check the ruleset you're going to use the modified extension with and make sure both of the GameSystem language tables exist, and so adding in new languages to the end of a language table will work OK for all possible situations.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

G'day there. I have existing campaigns, so how do I

1/ "Edit your campaign db.xml file and remove the <languages> section (all of it, including the <languages> .. </languages> tags)."

so I can use the extension?
    Cheers

Blog Entries
    From FG splash screen click on Explorer folder icon to view your data file folders.
    Go to Campaigns and your campaign.

Locate db.xml and make a copy as a backup.
    Edit db.xml and locate the <languages> start and end tags and delete. that entire section.
    Save the db.xml and start your campaign.

Thanks for that, it's working.
    Cheers

Hi, is there any way how to make your great extension to work in GURPS ruleset?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarifal View Post
    Hi, is there any way how to make your great extension to work in GURPS ruleset?

Thanks.
    I don't know if it will work fully. You can edit the extension to add GURPS to be a <ruleset> tags, then load it up and test it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I don't know if it will work fully. You can edit the extension to add GURPS to be a <ruleset> tags, then load it up and test it.
    Looks like it works! Thank you very much!!!

I know it has been a while for this thread, but when you say that the extension allows you to make custom languages is that using the fonts from the extension? I have got the extension to work but have no idea if I can use it with a custom font.

For example, one of my PCs wants to be able to speak binary. I said I'll try and was wondering if there was a way to use the extension to make a font consisting of only 1's and 0's? I thought it would be a cool mechanic where he can talk with machines or automated contraptions as a way of gathering information, encourage the machine work faster, or something. Is this possible?

Thread Information