STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Expanded Fantasy Language Fonts (FG v3.1.3+)

Fantasy Grounds v3.1.3 comes with most of the old language extension functionality added to the base product, with the addition of being selectable directly through a dropdown combo box in the chat window, and maintained through a GUI language list.

However, not all languages/fonts in the original extension are included with the base FG system. So, I've put together an extension that replicates the languages and fonts used in the original language extension. See screenshots of the languages and fonts here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post166710

FG Classic only. Cannot be used with FG Unity. Unity version available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Fonts-for-FGU

Extension attached below.

Note: If you've already created the campaign before loading this new extension then FG won't use the new mappings, it will use the old ones from the base FG settings, and won't show the new language names (although the new fonts will be available). Edit your campaign db.xml file and remove the <languages> section (all of it, including the <languages> .. </languages> tags). Then open up your campaign with this extension enabled and the new mappings will be there.

Edited to add RolemasterClassic to the allowed rulesets.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 6th, 2020 at 11:39.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

How this extension works - if you want to change the mappings or add your own fonts.

The GameSystem.languagefonts table sets up the fonts that can be assigned to a language in the Languages admin screen (available from the Options window). The name in square brackets is what will appear in the drop down list in the Languages admin window and the name after the = is the actual name of the font within Fantasy Grounds (defined in graphics\graphics_fonts.xml in the base ruleset or extension.xml in this extension) and is, strangely enough, the name that will appear in the list once the font is selected. I'd recommend making the name before an after the = the same.

The GameSystem.languages table is the list of the base language name to font mappings. Whatever is in the square brackets is the actual language name and after the = is the FG font name - within this extension it doesn't have to match to entries in the GameSystem.languagefonts table it can be a valid FG font name, but this might get confusing and it won't be available in the drop down fonts list.

Summary: Setup new FG fonts in GameSystem.languagefonts and map language name to font in GameSystem.languages
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Nice Work, young man!
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Hello everyone.

I have been trying to get this language extension to work for some time now and have tried remaking a campaign, deleting the db.xml file and have still had no luck at all trying to get this extension to work and to show the embedded fonts.

Attachment 14138

Thanks in advance for any insight that could help get this working.

I think this extension was rendered obsolete and rolled into the main program.

No this extension provides more fonts and languages than is in the base product.

David, it doesn't look like you have any fonts in there at all and you should have the basic language list even without this extension. What ruleset are you using? And do you see a list of languages without the extension.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Blog Entries
    That is a CoreRPG screen shot I believe - and no - there are no languages loaded by default in CoreRPG (afaik).

Quote Originally Posted by David32780 View Post
    Hello everyone.

I have been trying to get this language extension to work for some time now and have tried remaking a campaign, deleting the db.xml file and have still had no luck at all trying to get this extension to work and to show the embedded fonts.

Attachment 14138

Thanks in advance for any insight that could help get this working.
    1) What ruleset are you using?
    2) Do you see the extension loading message in the chat Window:

Attachment 14139

Hey Zacchaeus

I am using CoreRPG and unfortunately there are no languages in the drop down box while using the base rule set with no extensions added.

I am using MoreCore. Would that have anything to do with it or probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    1) What ruleset are you using?
    2) Do you see the extension loading message in the chat Window:

Attachment 14139
    1. Core RPG

2. No, I figured it was not needed anymore when I read this in the CoreRPG extension list

Attachment 14140

Or is this extension on the list something totally different than what I thought it was as being the base for the symbols?

Thread Information