DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Bolt Question

Bolt Question

How do you handle a 3-bolt attack in FG? From what I understand the player would get 3 attacks (with no wild die) and then a single wild die. Is there a way to configure this attack in FG? Or do you have to resort to a more manual method by just rolling 3 attack die and a wild die (all separately) and then figure out which (3) attacks hit?

Blog Entries
    Pick up your attack die by holding down your left mouse button but don't toss it. While still holding the die, right-click once for each additional bolt you want to cast. Toss all those dice into the chat window. The Wild die will be automatically added.
    You can do the same for automatic weapons.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Awesome!!! Thanks Mask��

OK...another question. Once you have the attack rolls, how do you apply them to the targets? Is it possible to drag the attack roll on to a target in the combat tracker? Or do you just drop damage dice on to them making sure to turn on the wild die for any attacks that had a raise?

?

Blog Entries
    That's how I've been doing it since I couldn't get an autofire roll to spread among targets. Not sure if it's because of user error or the lack of support for that maneuver. It seem it would be quite complex for the combat tracker to handle since you have the option of using the 3 best results from the shooting/spellcasting dice and one wild die.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Your right. It becomes a very complicated process for FG. Thanks for the help guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    That's how I've been doing it since I couldn't get an autofire roll to spread among targets. Not sure if it's because of user error or the lack of support for that maneuver. It seem it would be quite complex for the combat tracker to handle since you have the option of using the 3 best results from the shooting/spellcasting dice and one wild die.
    Its not user error, just lack of code and like you mentioned it would be complicated to create support for it and actually use it. Basically you should be able to decide that 2 attacks go against target A and 1 against B and 3 against C with ROF6 weapon. Maybe one day support might exist but only if using it would be easy
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thanks Ikael. Dealing with such randomness would seem almost impossible to code...this is where the player has to make some decisions. It's all good. I tried using the die as Mask mentioned above an it worked great!

Thread Information