FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 15 of 18 First ... 51314151617 ... Last
    Thanks for the quick answer ! I've subscribed to the thread now.

I know how it can be boring for you guys, to receieve alle these "any news ?" kind of messages, sorry for bothering. But I really can't wait to put my hands on FGU; il like so much FG (and play with it once to twice a week), that I'm really impatient to "open the package" as a kind on christmas eve ;-)

Thanks for the job done !

I've been trying to find a virtual tabletop that would fit my needs more than what I use now. After checking out FG I found it didn't fit my needs but I ran across Tabletop Connect which did (and that it was swallowed by Smiteworks). The ease of which you could create a character sheet ontop of a image was amazing. The 3d maps/etc are a plus.

So I'm curious, how much of Tabletop Connect will be in this new version of FG and how much of Fantasy Grounds? The former being easier to use compared to the latter IMO.

Is there a release schedule of any sort for the upcoming version or at least a feature list that you expect to have when it is released? Will users that purchased (not subscribers) FG now need to purchase upgrades for the new version?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    No Unity release this quarter or even this year. No definite information on a release. More in this thread
    I just read this without reading when the post was made and became a bit worried :P

We generally don't announce features until they are almost complete. In this way, we want people to be happy with the solution we have now vs. what we might build in the future. We are continuously adding new features on the current version, as well as working on a re-architected solution in the background (referred to as FGU or Fantasy Grounds Unity) that will allow improvements in some areas that are not possible with the current version. We have not committed to any new features in FGU, though we have some ones internally identified for potential inclusion. We are hoping to have a release later this year for FGU, but no firm timelines yet.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I've been trying to find a virtual tabletop that would fit my needs more than what I use now. After checking out FG I found it didn't fit my needs but I ran across Tabletop Connect which did (and that it was swallowed by Smiteworks). The ease of which you could create a character sheet ontop of a image was amazing. The 3d maps/etc are a plus.

So I'm curious, how much of Tabletop Connect will be in this new version of FG and how much of Fantasy Grounds? The former being easier to use compared to the latter IMO.

Is there a release schedule of any sort for the upcoming version or at least a feature list that you expect to have when it is released? Will users that purchased (not subscribers) FG now need to purchase upgrades for the new version?
    Hi celestian - MoreCore ruleset will let you do some of the things that you could do in the TTC character sheet. You can create your own Actions/Attacks/Spells/Damage on the character sheet in the 6 rolls frames (they scroll to allow additional content and the bottom three will expand if your screen is big enough to extend the sheet lengthways). It doesnt have any of the 3d mapping of course and you cant import a pdf r graphic of our charsheet but this might do a chunk of what you are after.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...sX4cqFlcerBvW3
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...reCore-Ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi celestian - MoreCore ruleset will let you do some of the things that you could do in the TTC character sheet. You can create your own Actions/Attacks/Spells/Damage on the character sheet in the 6 rolls frames (they scroll to allow additional content and the bottom three will expand if your screen is big enough to extend the sheet lengthways). It doesnt have any of the 3d mapping of course and you cant import a pdf r graphic of our charsheet but this might do a chunk of what you are after.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...sX4cqFlcerBvW3
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...reCore-Ruleset
    Indeed I was hoping to be able to use a image of a character sheet (blank) and easily build a "template" for my players to use (with inputs/etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    We generally don't announce features until they are almost complete. In this way, we want people to be happy with the solution we have now vs. what we might build in the future. We are continuously adding new features on the current version, as well as working on a re-architected solution in the background (referred to as FGU or Fantasy Grounds Unity) that will allow improvements in some areas that are not possible with the current version. We have not committed to any new features in FGU, though we have some ones internally identified for potential inclusion. We are hoping to have a release later this year for FGU, but no firm timelines yet.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks for the information. I'll keep an eye out for FGU and see what it brings. My biggest reason for not choosing FG right now is it's just to complicated to justify me switching from what I use now. I'm hoping the update will alleviate my concerns. The fella you guys got from Tabletop Connect really did some brilliant stuff that I hope you guys take advantage of.

I am still getting used to FG but I have to say it is awesome, and now seeing what is being held for the future I love what you guys are doing.

Thank you for bringing all of us long distant role-players together.

Hey, lee, welcome the forums and FG! Don't hesitate to ask when you run into stumbling blocks, as you likely will. As many have observed, the UI here is not something people are accustomed to. But the real issue is that automating the drudgery in GMing is hard, and it is naive to expect that ANY UI would make the methods employed for that somehow easy.

We have lots of resources besides the forum stickies to explain things. The wiki available through the top banner of this screen is one, and there are a number of videos that will help (I'm sure Dulux will be along momentarily to give you an excellent dump on those if you haven't already discovered them). So take a moment to explore those, but you will likely need to ask us things as you wrap your mind around this wonderful thing.

We are all excited about Unity, but, as ddavidson (owner) has repeatedly said, buy and use his software for what it does, not what will eventually arise, because SW's strategy is not to publish many definite coming features and no schedules. Unless I missed something, all we really know about FG Unity is that it will do exactly what the existing version of FG non-Unity will do at launch plus, perhaps, some additional as-yet-unannounced things. It is the potential of Unity that excites us. Personally, multi-threading is the thing that I think will help the most, followed closely by (I think?) a more user-friendly hosting mechanism.

Thanks for the welcome Bidmaron and thanks for the offer of help if needed, not doing to bad at the moment but like you said there is a lot to get my head around, but I am a frim believer in use it and learn which is why I am running a campaign for a friend.

Thanks again and happy playing.

How exciting! I love how FG has continued to grow since I first bought it. I am a guy who can't afford to jump into VR right now, but one day I hope that I will be able to sit at a virtual table with my friends and control a VTT in ways that combines the strength of technology with the in person feeling of being with my friends. Using something like 3D minis and some models that sit atop virtual maps would be great! I was a big fan of the first Neverwinter Nights and had made my own custom Underdark tile set. Tabletop Connect reminds me of that art, and sparks the passion I held back then of bringing the table top experience online.

Thread Information