STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Issues activating steam copy with key

I bought FG a little while ago through the store page here. I am trying to activate it on steam as a way to check DLC and open it elsewhere more easily. I followed the instructions posted here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...iption-Version

However it states I have an invalid product key? I directly copy-pasted the License key I use normally and even double checked in my order history to ensure it was correct. Am I just trying to soon after purchase as I saw it mentioned it could take a few weeks to carry over?

How long ago did you purchase it on the store here? The keys on the site are submitted to Steam in batches.

Ah yeah I figured after seeing it on that post but was unsure. It was about a week or two ago now.

In Doug's video interview last Wednesday I think he said the last batch (as of that date) was up through the end of August, so that's probably it.

It's manually done about every month or so, and Doug is a little over due so it will probably be updated within the week

That sounds painful to have to manually bring over the codes...

He explains why it's done that way in the interview. I think they referred to them as 3rd party codes, which allows them more freedom to do some things. The downside is that he needs to supply the codes to Steam. This isn't a big deal normally (as the codes are usually just submitted to Steam for Steam users to purchase) but from time to time a user who buys on the store wants to add it to Steam and may fall in this window.

I'm in the same boat. Just waiting for the next batch upload.

I can still run the 'Demo' link through Steam and it has my Unlimited license actually in FG itself.

I will mainly want to run FG through steam to show my players/friends list when I'm active in FG.

Blog Entries
    I had a few people waiting on this, so I just sent a new batch over to Valve. Sometimes they can get to it quickly, and other times it may take a few days. Once it is completed, I will post an update to this thread on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/25269...5530621472814/

Oh, wow! Thanks. I totally wasn't expecting it for a while.

Thread Information