DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 45 of 55 First ... 354344454647 ... Last
    Might have new player who looks promising as he has actually played Rolemaster before

Excellent!

Logo Design, Page Design of Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
    Logo re-vamp of Shadow World.
    Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
    Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX

Check out my online Sketchpad.

Hi folks - I'm the potential new player that Hawkwind mentioned. I live in New Hampshire, USA (EST) so 8PM British time would be 3PM for me, and that works. I started playing Rolemaster when I was a teenager, back in the 80's. We played in the first Iron Wind supplement. Alas, I haven't been lucky enough to be in a Rolemaster game since then - it seemed to decline in popularity and everyone just played D&D. Since then I've played a thousand other pen-and-paper RPGs, but I always missed the flexibility and accuracy of RMC. Now that Fantasy Grounds has made it possible to play with people from anywhere and without all the paper charts and tables, I'm excited to finally get back in a game. I have the FG ruleset plus most of the available supplements and have been fooling around with it to refresh myself. I also have the ERA software and the ProFantasy mapping tools. I'm surprised how much I remember!

As for me personally, I'm a gamer (duh), mostly into computer-based games now but missing the social aspect of playing live with others. At one point in my life I was actually a game designer for a big computer game company. My other favorite games are the World of Darkness games from White Wolf and Traveller/Spacemaster, though I have played many others as well.

If you have any questions, just ask. Here's hoping for some really funny critical failures! My all-time fave is "you stumble over an invisible deceased turtle." LOL

Good to have you!

You may have come to the wrong group if you're looking for some humorous fumbles - we only seem to get the bad ones.
    (although coincidentally enough, that was the first fumble, in the first session of a game I was GMing with my kids)

Have you managed to use both Fantasy Grounds and the ERA software in actual games - I'm interested in grabbing several of the ERA modules but wanted to know how they compared from someone who's used both.

What big computer game company was that - or is it hush hush? The only computer game I play is Starcraft 2 (and sometimes Diablo 3) but Rolemaster is the only RPG system I play (preferably RMFRP because of all the added source books) and the Shadow World is my favourite setting. Time doesn't allow for much so I stick to my favs.

Logo Design, Page Design of Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
    Logo re-vamp of Shadow World.
    Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
    Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX

Check out my online Sketchpad.

Quote Originally Posted by dglinder View Post
    Hi folks - I'm the potential new player that Hawkwind mentioned. I live in New Hampshire, USA (EST) so 8PM British time would be 3PM for me, and that works. I started playing Rolemaster when I was a teenager, back in the 80's. We played in the first Iron Wind supplement. Alas, I haven't been lucky enough to be in a Rolemaster game since then - it seemed to decline in popularity and everyone just played D&D. Since then I've played a thousand other pen-and-paper RPGs, but I always missed the flexibility and accuracy of RMC. Now that Fantasy Grounds has made it possible to play with people from anywhere and without all the paper charts and tables, I'm excited to finally get back in a game. I have the FG ruleset plus most of the available supplements and have been fooling around with it to refresh myself. I also have the ERA software and the ProFantasy mapping tools. I'm surprised how much I remember!

As for me personally, I'm a gamer (duh), mostly into computer-based games now but missing the social aspect of playing live with others. At one point in my life I was actually a game designer for a big computer game company. My other favorite games are the World of Darkness games from White Wolf and Traveller/Spacemaster, though I have played many others as well.

If you have any questions, just ask. Here's hoping for some really funny critical failures! My all-time fave is "you stumble over an invisible deceased turtle." LOL
    if you want to play this Thursday you can play a npc for a session or two. i have created a PC for Glum the dwarf. He is glass half empty kind of dwarf guaranteed to see the down side to everything and remind every at length. " Glum by name, Glum by nature", Some one called him the missing 13th dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by craggles View Post
    Have you managed to use both Fantasy Grounds and the ERA software in actual games - I'm interested in grabbing several of the ERA modules but wanted to know how they compared from someone who's used both.
    I have both FG/RMC and ERA. ERA is really a labor of love by just one guy, even though Iron Crown sells it, it's a one-man effort in his spare time. It's good in a lot of ways, and I really respect the work he's done, but it doesn't compare to FG. It's browser-based, no real GUI. As he explained to me, it's not really designed for the same thing as FG, i.e., many people playing in different places. It's designed to be an assistant to a GM playing a local game with all the players sitting at a table. I can see it being good for that, but I only use it for character creation because the creation process is much easier and includes a lot of stuff (if you buy that module) from the supplements (races, classes, spells) that is not available in FG. However, right now Dakadin is working (see the other thread in this forum) on making FG able to import characters created in ERA.

I would say to save your money on ERA unless you are playing on a real tabletop. Or at least get the demo version first to see how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by craggles View Post
    What big computer game company was that - or is it hush hush? The only computer game I play is Starcraft 2 (and sometimes Diablo 3) but Rolemaster is the only RPG system I play (preferably RMFRP because of all the added source books) and the Shadow World is my favorite setting. Time doesn't allow for much so I stick to my favs.
    This was many years ago. It was called Mad Doc Software at the time, now it is called Rockstar North. No, I didn't work on any GTA games.
    Last edited by Frunobulax; June 26th, 2017 at 03:12.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    if you want to play this Thursday you can play a npc for a session or two. i have created a PC for Glum the dwarf. He is glass half empty kind of dwarf guaranteed to see the down side to everything and remind every at length. " Glum by name, Glum by nature", Some one called him the missing 13th dwarf
    Thanks, that sounds great. If you PM me the Teamspeak and FG IPs and logins I will be there! Not with bells on, because I'm Glum. ;-)

the FG login details are in my signature however we have given up using teamspeak and now have our own discord server as its better

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    the FG login details are in my signature however we have given up using teamspeak and now have our own discord server as its better
    I'm sorry, in your signature I only see TeamSpeak info, no Discord info, and no IP information to your FG server. :-(

"Quiet pirate daring wizard” will get you on to my F G server

Thread Information