FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 36 of 55 First ... 26343536373846 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    server going up
    Unfortunately, due to a work issue I will be unable to attend tonight. Hope to see you next Thursday.

-BP

Steps for using activity percentage mods in Combat Tracker

Don't know if this is helpful or not but wanted to share how to use the activity percentage calculator in FG RM Classic's Combat Tracker(see image attached).
    The result of using this will show up in chat as Percentage Activity mod and is more granular, possibly saving precious OB for proceeding attacks or even defence, if parrying!

-Choose the drop-down menu for Pace and choose the rate you will be moving at(most GMs allow up to a Jogx1.5 for movement without having to make a MM Manoeuvre, too).

Attachment 18137

-Count out the distance to whatever hex you wish to end up in from where you are.
    If your destination is next to a foe, and not obstructed by obstacles, you can CTRL+Left Click on the target mini on the map and use the range given as the amount you'll need to cover to get to your foe.

-Under the Dist(ance). field, input however far your count in the step above ended up being.

-You'll see that the %Act(ivity) Field updates with a negative modifier that will be applied to an attack made in the same round as your movement.
    To move this modifier into your Modifiers bubble in the bottom far left of FG, you can double-Left Click the number in the %Act. Field or drag and drop it into the bubble.

-Finally, roll whatever Attack or Manoeuvre you wish to make that will use up the rest of your PC's round.

Blog Entries
    Nice explanation. Rolemaster is often looked at as overly complex but when you break a few things down and understand the logic people can see the trees in the forest.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thanks, yeah.

It does take a tiny bit to input mods properly, but RM combat can already be unforgiving...
    Shaving from +1-10 points here and there can be life saving!

Blog Entries
    I was doing a mock combat tonight and rolled 245 for an attack dog against someone who didn't try to protect himself.

Nothing like driving the point home (we figured out that even full parry with 100% of OB and shield wouldn't have been enough to alter the result, but it was great for illustrative purposes).

Don't want to derail the thread though.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Yeah, open-enders can hurt no matter what.

Tell the players that the old rule of taking the amount of times the 150 result appeared and using it to divide the amount of rollover of 150 happened = used to give extra hits.
    Add to that the '30 threshhold' that would increase the crit given on the table by one, too, made even Darts deadly if one was super/skilled or lucked out with a 250+ Attack result!!!

Simply wrapping 150 sucked when this was the other optional way of calculating damage from an immense attack.
    Killer.

I'm afraid I just turned on my pc and its started making a horrible mechanical groaning noise. I turned it of and I will be taking the back of it tomorrow to have a look at the problem this voiding my guarantee
    ��

Needless to say no game tonight

Ouch, hope it isn't too expensive a problem and only a fan replacement for $10/5€!
    Stay well.

No problem - I hope to see you next week.

Logo Design, Page Design of Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
    Logo re-vamp of Shadow World.
    Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
    Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX

Check out my online Sketchpad.

Thread Information