DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Profantasy on two computers

Is it allowed to have a Fantasy grounds license on two computers? I have my ultimate license on my desktop but right now I am having Problems with it, can I put my license on my laptop?

Edit: Title should read Fantasy grounds.
    Last edited by TheGarvster; August 30th, 2015 at 06:42.

I think you can, as long as they're not in use at the same time.

BoomerET
    Last edited by dberkompas; August 30th, 2015 at 06:44. Reason: Yak shaving
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Yes, I meant FantasyGrounds. Thanks for the heads up. It is getting late.

Blog Entries
    The license is for one user on one computer but the devs have stated here they dont mind you using it on 2 computers so long as you are abiding by the spirit of the license and not using them both at the same time.
    Sleep is over rated.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The license is for one user on one computer but the devs have stated here they dont mind you using it on 2 computers so long as you are abiding by the spirit of the license and not using them both at the same time.
    Sleep is over rated.
    Thanks damned! Another question about using the license at the same time, while I watch the videos I usually have my gm(pc) instance open and the videos on the pc(split screened) and then have my laptop opened with the free instance. Will I still be able to do that is I put the license on the laptop? I don't want to be in violation of the rules.

Blog Entries
    Hey TheGarvster it actually wont work.
    If you (try to) connect the same license to itself it will reject it. What you could do is install one instance on the laptop from Steam and another from here and only put the license key in one of those, the other would act as a demo and would be able to connect to the Ultimate just fine.

Thanks for the help. I guess I will just stick to having the free version on my laptop for now.

Blog Entries
    You can always just add/remove the license key on the laptop when you need it too...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    What you could do is install one instance on the laptop from Steam and another from here and only put the license key in one of those, the other would act as a demo and would be able to connect to the Ultimate just fine.
    That won't work. Steam isn't a separate install, it uses the same installation as normal FG, with a Steam front end stub that starts FG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You can add/remove the licence key in the settings window. You'll need to run an update after doing this so that the correct FG executable is being used.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information