5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Great. I did not know that about the license.

Trenloe, Damned, Thanks again for all your help and Patience. The people on this board just are outstanding.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That won't work. Steam isn't a separate install, it uses the same installation as normal FG, with a Steam front end stub that starts FG.
    Yerrr.... the key is stored in the registry too so that was never gonna work...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Yerrr.... the key is stored in the registry too so that was never gonna work...
    Have some coffee.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Coke. And lots of it..... i should go and do something else for a while...

Great so I am out of luck then transferring from the old laptop to the new with my Fantasy Ground License then. and all of the stuff I have wrote up for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
    Great so I am out of luck then transferring from the old laptop to the new with my Fantasy Ground License then.
    I don't know where you get that impression from? See post #4 above.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

No, that type of stuff is fine. Data transfers easy, just copy the entire data folder on the old laptop to the new laptop.

Maybe because so far it hasn't accepted my License from the new laptop.

Blackwolf, you might want to e-mail [email protected] if you can't get it resolved, but you should be able to start the new version on the new computer and from the launcher press the settings button. Enter the key in the License Key field and make sure there are not any leading spaces.

I'd recommend following Griogre's advice. Or, if you still have issues, open a new thread in the "House of Healing" forum so that it will get the correct attention by the community and we'll know that you have a specific issue relevant to the thread you're posting in. Please don't attach to another thread that doesn't actually relate to your issue - less confusion and wasted time all round. Thanks.

Thread Information