FG Spreadshirt Swag

The !magic descriptor

Hi all. Im trying to figure out mundane/magic damage from weapons. Our DM threw a Werewolf at us for the first time (we handled it pretty well, all told), and i noticed through gameplay that he had the IMMUNE tag against nonmagic weapons. It made me harken back to when our DM threw a (much weakened) Bone Golem at us at lvl 2 (he let us beat it :P). I realize now that they both had immunities to nonmagic weapons, but magic weapons could hurt them fine.....but it made me wonder about the descriptor !magic. Ive recently tried to recreate the immunity to nonmagic weapons, but only seem to have success when I list the weapon damage types. but I know that there are weapons with the 'magic' property, that only have the magical effect of +1 to hit/dam. I guess im asking how exactly this all works in the FG table itself. I admit im a little confused, which is why this post is kinda all over the place. Sorry for the mess, and thanks for any that can help shed a bit of light on this one for me!

8/23/15: Annnd figured it out! Took me a bit to understand that !magic is not a damage property descriptor, but more like a damage property descriptor HOLE. I now realize you use it, not on the weapon with the magic property, but on the TARGET that has resistance/immunity to mundane damage, then use the 'magic' descriptor in the damage line of the weapon going against it (when applicable) and itll punch through the resist/immunity every time......though now that makes me wonder about powers like Blade Ward. Does it only protect against nonmagic slashing/bludgeoning/piercing, or the 'magic' version of these as well?
    Last edited by Grayfigure; August 23rd, 2015 at 18:39.

Well figured out

As regards Blade Ward, since it doesn't specify that the weapon attack has to be non-magical then I'd suggest that it wards against magical and non magical attacks.

Ueah, that's what we all decided on our side too. Ended up having an impromptu FG tutorial class via skype. Was almost as fun as actually running a campaign (almost; still ran our campaign heh).

Thread Information