STAR TREK 2d20

Purchased items & "InstsallInstructions.txt"

I'm super happy that more SWR adventures & settings are available, thank you to all those who made it happen!

What I'm surprised at and did not like one bit is that there is no ".exe" or install pack, but rather it relies on an active Internet connection to download & install. I live in a remote part of the world & do not always have Internet access; sadly, the electricity is so poor that many electronics (computers included) get fried, even when protected, so I end up repairing or buying a new system way too often.

So, with that being said, is there anything I can copy (e.g., the 'extensions' or 'modules' folders) to my backup drive when I have to reinstall?

* I know I'm probably like 1 in 1,000,000 who has this issue...

Hi sak,

Sorry to hear about your situation.

The following is a list of folders you can copy off somewhere and then copy back so as to not have to do a re-install of everything - mind you, don't try to run these off a cloud service or such like - you can store them, but not run them on a remote hdd.

From the Fantasy Ground Folder: campaigns, docs, extensions, modules,portraits, rulesets, utilities - actually, thinking about it, its the same list as the one I give in an early one of Tutorial Videos (see my sig, below)

Hope that helps

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

I'd just back up the whole FG App Data directory. Get to this by pressing the folder button in the top right corner of the main FG launch screen. This will cover you for the list dulux gave you, plus any characters created locally and any token folders you've created.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Awesome, thank you both; I run Linux, normally - but am planning to run Windows for another game *shudder*. I appreciate the help

Blog Entries
    You can use the Wine Wrapper / Wine Skin install instructions on Linux. They work. Then the above backup paths are still valid - but just buried a bit deeper into the folder structure...

Blog Entries
    Yep, the whole application data folder should cover you pretty well.

Thread Information