DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Foximus, the resource you linked before indicates that the players pick what they're doing, but not their target. Sounds like you are further increasing the restrictions on their in-round decision-making ability, which is of course fine.

I inferred that you were using a similar level of restriction when you described the players having some control when it's their turn to act, but it seems that's not the case. That explains why my scenario doesn't occur for you.
    +2 License of Ultimate Hosting
    Current Projects: Murder in Baldur's Gate Module
    Completed Projects: Curse of Strahd module, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Module, Out of the Abyss Module, Legacy of the Crystal Shard Module, Scourge of the Sword Coast Module, Effect Targeting Extension (5e), Unearthed Arcana: Vitality Extension

Kylania, the example you posted from the article perfectly fits my example because in it the players decide their actions before, but not their targets until it's their turn. They are given the freedom to select their target when it's time to take the action. Foximus elaborated that he is putting further restrictions on their actions, which makes it less of a big deal.
    +2 License of Ultimate Hosting
    Current Projects: Murder in Baldur's Gate Module
    Completed Projects: Curse of Strahd module, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Module, Out of the Abyss Module, Legacy of the Crystal Shard Module, Scourge of the Sword Coast Module, Effect Targeting Extension (5e), Unearthed Arcana: Vitality Extension

Quote Originally Posted by TASagent View Post
    Foximus, the resource you linked before indicates that the players pick what they're doing, but not their target. Sounds like you are further increasing the restrictions on their in-round decision-making ability, which is of course fine.

I inferred that you were using a similar level of restriction when you described the players having some control when it's their turn to act, but it seems that's not the case. That explains why my scenario doesn't occur for you.
    Fair point, I may have been out celebratory drinking because of my brand new extension :P. You are right. In his system, Scott states that targets (in addition to specific movements) need not be specified during action declaration. It has been a bit since I've read through the details but I think a Fighter screaming for healing during the healer's turn or confidently waving off the potential heal isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Updated extension (v1.1) attached below.

This extension shows the init field for owned PCs. It will show the fields if the PC is owned when the Combat Tracker is first opened. But if the PC is selected (or cleared) after the Combat Tracker has been opened for the first time then the fields won't update until Initiative is next rolled. Closing and Opening the combat tracker won't affect this as the fields are only initiated the first time the CT is opened, or when Init is rolled (or changed). The simplest way to update the fields is to roll init for all of the PCs, or to reset init (if there is an init value already in the fields). Basically, the Init field will show/hide itself in the client CT based off the local PC ownership each time the init value changes.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Updated extension (v1.1) attached below.

This extension shows the init field for owned PCs. It will show the fields if the PC is owned when the Combat Tracker is first opened. But if the PC is selected (or cleared) after the Combat Tracker has been opened for the first time then the fields won't update until Initiative is next rolled. Closing and Opening the combat tracker won't affect this as the fields are only initiated the first time the CT is opened, or when Init is rolled (or changed). The simplest way to update the fields is to roll init for all of the PCs, or to reset init (if there is an init value already in the fields). Basically, the Init field will show/hide itself in the client CT based off the local PC ownership each time the init value changes.
    Thank you Trenloe, you're a game saver. I'm sure the extension works flawlessly, but I will install it tomorrow and report back.

I hope the party was fun and you didn't spend too much time on this! Still waiting on that donation/paypal link

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foximus View Post
    Thank you Trenloe, you're a game saver. I'm sure the extension works flawlessly, but I will install it tomorrow and report back.

I hope the party was fun and you didn't spend too much time on this! Still waiting on that donation/paypal link
    You can always give him some reputation via the star below his post.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hasn't he got enough?

Then again, I suppose you can never have too much.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Already did!

The extension works great (as expected) and I have set up all of the effects to handle the speed factors which are working perfectly as well. Thanks for your help everyone!

Thread Information