5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Multiple Paragraphs in one text box?

Havent seen it done, is it possible cause i cant seem to get it to work?

multiple paragraphs just seem to create multiple chat windows

You can sort of do it by entering multiple spaces but a carriage return starts a new paragraph and the various paragraph options work on paragraphs, so the limit is one per chat frame.

Try either Shift+Carriage Return to see if it keeps the same paragraph entry, use '\n' to force a carriage return when the text is added to the chat window, or open the module/campaign db.xml and manually add the '\n' to the text saved in the 'encounter' entry that matches the story entry (stories are called encounters in the database).

I don't think any of these will work, and if not I don't think it can be done, but it's worth a try.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

With 5E ruleset at least you can work around that via Par5e using #zfs;, #zft; and #zfe;.

I imagine that you can do the same by editing the XML of the story as well.

Hmm, so the FG story frame recognizes a line break. Good. Now to just see how to get it into the text. What does the db.xml have for that story entries when PAR5E is done with it?

Code:
      <encounter>
        <category name="My Category" baseicon="2" decalicon="1">
          <enc_overview>
            <locked type="number">1</locked>
            <name type="string">Overview</name>
            <text type="formattedtext"><h>This is my header.</h><p>An Adventure for Character Levels 1-3.</p><p>This is some story text to read to the players:</p><frame>This is a long paragraph setting the scene of the first part of your adventure.  You'll describe things to the players here and they'll ooh and ahh in wonderment at your great imagination.  Things will still seem happy at this point.&#xD;&#xD;Then, however, they'll get to this paragraph and things won't be as safe as they'd hoped.  Here you'll drop hints about the danger to come.  Tensions will rise.&#xD;&#xD;Now, with this third paragraph within a single chat frame, it will become obvious you are a wizard, Harry.</frame><h>This is a header</h><p>And this is just text.</p></text>
          </enc_overview>
        </category>
      </encounter>

It's the &#xD; entries within the chat <frame> tags, not the <p> tags, which only work outside of the chat frame.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It's the
    entries within the chat <frame> tags, not the <p> tags, which only work outside of the chat frame.
    Right you are... didnt read it very thoroughly.

Very good! &#xD; it is!
    +1 and added to my (small) list of tricks.

Edit: I believe & #13; works as well, as per this list. (Had to separate the & as it turned into a carriage return upon editing, lol.)
    Last edited by Nickademus; August 4th, 2015 at 17:46.

Thread Information