DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Core RPG: Colouring 6's and removing them from the dice sum?

I'm interested in playing some Eon 4th edition with my group. In that system, a roll of a 6 on a d6 means you re-roll that dice, plus add an extra dice. I was thinking that the easiest way to do this would be to highlight or colour all rolls of 6 on a d6 (to warn us of the roll) and count the 6 as a result of 0 for the displayed dice sum. That way the player can then roll his bonus dice and we can just add up the various dice rolls once no more 6s are rolled, without having to mentally subtract all the rolled 6s from the sum. Can this be done? And if so, where do I start? I'm a total noob and frankly have no clue.

Edit: There is now a working version of this extension on the bottom of page 2, courtesy of Ianmward.
    Last edited by Unahim; July 13th, 2015 at 17:48.

Blog Entries
    currently this type of dice rolling isnt supported other than throwing teh dice and doing it manually. it will be a feature of the Unity release but there is no release date for that yet - it might be a year away.
    you can certainly do it old school though just throwing your dice but there is no macro to do that one.

Blog Entries
    An extension could be built to handle it.. similar to exploding dice in the Savage Worlds ruleset... but this would involve some coding.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

It doesn't have to throw the new dice automatically, just mark them in the dice window (like this from the shadowrun ruleset: ) and count them as 0's in the sum (basically, make the dice range 0-5 instead of 1-6). Can those be done?

Blog Entries
    it can be done - but it would require doing the coding as IanMWard has done in the SR4 ruleset.

Hmmm, I see. I'll look into his ruleset then, but I probably can't do it. :P Thanks for the help.

The Shadowrun ruleset does this sort of thing, it colours 5s and 6s green as successes and 1s red for glitches.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Unahim View Post
    Hmmm, I see. I'll look into his ruleset then, but I probably can't do it. :P Thanks for the help.
    Unahim. If you are not a programmer it will feel like a daunting task. If you really like that feature I would explore the files and ask some questions. You might find you are capable of things you never knew

I've found where the dice icon backgrounds are stored at least, now it is just a case of finding where in the code it pulls from them and how to apply that here.

Blog Entries
    take a look at gameelements.xml .. but there's really a good bit more to it than that.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Thread Information