DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Chatnomicon Chat Extension

Moderator: Does not appear to be FG v3.3.x compatible. Use at own risk, pending developer update/feedback.

Chatnomicon

Overview
    I think this is now ready to see the light of day. This isn't anything all that fancy, and it may be that no one will want to use this, but it's a fairly small, fairly clean extension for adding functionality to chat.

In effect, Chatnomicon:
    • Allows users to create a list of common chat phrases/expressions
    • Suppports normal chat, /action, /emote and /ooc
    • Supports setting moods
    • Each user can set their own favorites
    • Supports GM portrait and player portrait for chat messages
    • Supports GM /action and /story
    • Keeps list sorted by chat type for easier reference
    • NEW - Message of the Day feature for GMs allows players to receive the MotD when first joining
    • NEW - Categories for GMs
    • NEW - Export of ChatMon data for GMs

After a message is setup, a single click is all it takes to send!

Note for anyone interested in learning to code in FG:
    I am working on a set of tutorials and this extension was the basis for those tutorials. It implements a couple of interesting features including:
    • Window lists for repeating elements
    • OOB Messages to allow client side node creation and requesting MotD
    • Chat Messages of different types and options
    • Text-cycling button that allows clicking to choose from enumerated list
    • Dynamic anchors based on Ruleset
    • Dynamic title bars based on Ruleset
    • Registering the extension on the stack (not really that interesting )
    • Identity selection, as well as current character selection
    • Enabling Categories
    • Enabling Export
    • Simple filtering
    • And of course, all the normal stuff needed to open windows and deal with the DB.

Version

• v1.3.0 -- Added export capability for GMs
    • v1.2.0 -- Added category selection for GMs
    • v1.1.1 -- Fixed colon on certain messages, removed console logging.
    • v1.1.0 -- Added Message of the Day for GMs
    • v1.0.0 -- Initial Version

Ruleset

This Extension works with:
    • CoreRPG Rulset v3.0.8+ and all Child Rulesets.

In addition, this extension has specific adaptations for 5E to deal with window title changes and window layout.

Screenshots

The Goods

Without further ado, here is the extension file:
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 6th, 2017 at 17:12. Reason: Updated Version

Nice work! Added to the CoreRPG extension list.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks. And thanks for helping me out! Thanks to you, OZ and some others, I didn't loose too much hair trying to learn FG well enough to do this.

Blog Entries
    That looks pretty cool.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Great Work, will be testing this out next session

Always good to see a new extension - thanks! Pardon me if this is a stupid question, but what does this extension offer over just dragging commonly-used phrases to your hot keys? I'd also like to offer a tiny suggestion: I think that removing the colons and extra spaces from the Action, Emote and Mood text displays would make them read better (eg "Bonterrent winces in pain" rather than "Bonterrent: winces in pain").
    Last edited by Callum; July 2nd, 2015 at 12:28.

@Callum:

It doesn't add much compared to the hotkeys, honestly (except for the new MotD stuff I just added). It's just a cleaner, more visual way to do the same thing.

As for the colons, I'd love to get rid of them, but I haven't figured out how. It's something that Comm.deliverChatMessage adds in, not me. I need to spend more time digging through all the CoreRPG code to see if I can trick deliverChatMessage into not adding that in.
    Last edited by jreddin1; July 2nd, 2015 at 18:46.

I love this cool extension - nice work!

Wishlist: A couple of additions which would make this really handy for the GM:
    1. Enable list categories (the little tabs along the bottom of the list window). This would allow GMs to have tabs for different NPCs.
    2. A module export option to enable a GM to export frequently used entries. It'll be best to enable categories (item #1) first as modules would ideally need the categories tabs.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

@ Callum: Just for you, I tracked down and fixed the colon issue :-)
    Last edited by jreddin1; July 2nd, 2015 at 18:46.

Thread Information