STAR TREK 2d20

Question about changing a character sheet in a module/ruleset

I want to add in some skills and feats from PF to my 3.5 campaign. I know how to add or change these in the modules for the basic rules, and this isn't a problem for feats as they aren't default pasted into the character sheet.

However, if I want to add skills in the character sheet for 3.5 how would I do this? I know you can manually do this for each character sheet, but how would I do this so it always is on there when making a new character sheet? For that matter, is there a way to change the spot/listen/search rolls on the main tab on the character sheet? Make just a roll for perception?

I assume this involves editing a ruleset, but for the life of me I can't find where the information is in the ruleset. I tried googling and searching the forums and didn't find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Found it, mainly by looking at the PFRPG ruleset to see how they added in stuff. Got the button changed to Perception too, although I had to backtrack a couple of times to fix things that led to other files. Its interesting how they reference the 3.5 ruleset for most of the PFRPG and just have if/then statements built into 3.5 to adjust for PF.
    Last edited by Jdorty; July 1st, 2015 at 12:34.

Blog Entries
    Jdorty well done for finding you way around in there.
    What you should look at next is deploying your changes as an extension otherwise they may get overwritten in a future Fantasy Grounds update to the 3.5/PF rulesets.
    Its not too hard if you have a look at another extension.

Ah, okay, I had no idea extensions could do that. I have a few extensions, but none of them change the character sheet so I didn't realize they could work like that. I did save backups of the original 3.5 ruleset and kept the unpacked version of my edited one as well. Thanks for the tip!

Blog Entries
    if interested have a look at the MoreCore extension - it makes some changes to Combat Tracker and Character Sheet and NPC Sheet and has quite a few comments throughout.

Yeah, I've been going through that the last day or so, I saw it suggested elsewhere too.

Thread Information