FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    PM me, and I'll give you my IP, you can get on with me, and I'll go over stuff with you, if you like. Walk you through character creation, and what everything on the character sheet means, etc. I'm a pretty good teacher when it comes to anything I have a decent handle on, and I'm pretty sure I have a handle on FG, aside from the XML stuff that you have no businesses thinking about now, anyway. 5e I know pretty well, too. Teaching is a great way to reinforce learning, so I'm happy to oblige if you're up for it.
    Last edited by brautigan1; July 6th, 2015 at 02:06.

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Hi Ukigo, and Welcome!

One of the best things you can do (apart from following the other suggestions here) is take some time to learn how to use FG properly. There are a number of very good Video Tutorials available on the FG Wiki - damns' are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below).

Where to start?

Start with the ones on the CoreRPG Ruleset, because the CoreRPG Ruleset forms the basis for practically all the other RPG Rulesets we use with FG - by learning how to run FG with the CoreRPG Ruleset you'll learn nearly everything you'll need to know to "hit the ground running" when you start to play which ever RPG you settle on.

And don't be afraid of asking questions - we're a pretty nice bunch here

Cheers
    They're all good, but I must say I have a special place in my heart for Dulux's tutorials. Perfect pace for the absolute beginner. Thanks, Dulux.

Edited -- Sorry Dulux!
    Last edited by brautigan1; July 8th, 2015 at 08:09. Reason: Spelling Sacrilege!

Quote Originally Posted by brautigan1 View Post
    They're all good, but I must say I have a special place in my heart for Delux's tutorials. Perfect pace for the absolute beginner. Thanks, Delux.
    Thanks for the kind words - glad you like them

Oh, and BTW, its Dulux, with a "U", not Delux, with an "E" - Dulux is a brand of paint here in the land Down Under, and as my real name is Matthew Black, or Matt Black for short - and mat-black is a (paint) colour - one of my friends dropped that label on me years/decades ago and it just stuck - not a big thing, but we may as well get it right
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

That's a much better nickname than "HGTV HOME™ by Sherwin-Williams" would have been.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Thanks for the kind words - glad you like them

Oh, and BTW, its Dulux, with a "U", not Delux, with an "E" - Dulux is a brand of paint here in the land Down Under, and as my real name is Matthew Black, or Matt Black for short - and mat-black is a (paint) colour - one of my friends dropped that label on me years/decades ago and it just stuck - not a big thing, but we may as well get it right
    Hah - now I geddit!

Thread Information