DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Issues with the size of the Token Name and Heath indicator

On occasion, most recently while running the LMoP, I have experienced an issue where the token (NPC and PC) name plate and the health indicators are extremely small. My initial thought was the resolution of the map has an impact (I am using the maps provided with the module). When I open the DM version of the maps (lower resolution), it doesn't resolve the issue. I should add I don't experience this issue every time, but I haven't recorded the specifics when it does happen.

Has anyone run across this problem? I would like to know what I can do to fix it.

Thanks.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Time Zone: U.S. Eastern (GMT -5 or -4; Check Local Listings)
    DM: D&D 5E - Out of the Abyss
    Player: Homebrew Worlds on FG and Waterdeep Dragon Heist Live

It's actually the resolution and sizing of the tokens which affects the size of the health/name/condition widgets.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It's actually the resolution and sizing of the tokens which affects the size of the health/name/condition widgets.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks. I use the TokenTool software and generally use the 256x256 option. Have you found that the lower size options work best?
    Last edited by poppy_thompson; June 29th, 2015 at 23:07. Reason: I don't know how to spell/type.
    Ultimate License Holder

I usually use 64x64 or 50x50, which is how the feature was originally developed. The widgets have to scale to the tokens based on the current implementation, though this will be reviewed for our Unity update in the long term.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks Moon.

Looks like I have some work to do converting my PC tokens.

As I think about it, I will verify the tokens that were provided in FG and the D&D modules do not have the same issue.

Michael

Attachment 10383
    This is a screen shot of the issue I had Saturday night.

Attachment 10384
    This is a screen shot with the same tokens (no adjustments to resolution) after I cleared everything about the map. No longer sharing, no mask, etc.

As you can see, the name and health indicators are 'normal' size in the second screen shot.

I am back to being confused.
    Last edited by poppy_thompson; June 30th, 2015 at 02:14. Reason: More Data concerning the issue

Posted more information in post #5
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Cant see your image upload just yet.

Whilst FG will size/scale varying sizes of tokens to match the grid and the monster size the health bar can and does get messed up with larger tokens.
    The LMoP Maps are all 50px or less per 5' square so tokens of 256x256 are likely to result in the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy_thompson View Post
    On occasion, most recently while running the LMoP, I have experienced an issue where the token (NPC and PC) name plate and the health indicators are extremely small. My initial thought was the resolution of the map has an impact (I am using the maps provided with the module). When I open the DM version of the maps (lower resolution), it doesn't resolve the issue. I should add I don't experience this issue every time, but I haven't recorded the specifics when it does happen.

Has anyone run across this problem? I would like to know what I can do to fix it.

Thanks.
    I came across this problem as well in another module as well as in general. It has to do with map resolution and the token size as has been noted above. To resolve the problem do the following:

1. When you open the map for the first time (preferably long before you share the map with the players) drag a token from the Combat Tracker onto the map to check the scale.
    2. If everything is Ok then you have no problem with this map, move along - nothing to see here.
    3. If, however, the health bar and name are all but invisible right click on the token and select 'release token scale'. The token will now jump to being a big huge thing.
    4. Right click on the huge big token and select 'lock token scale' from the radial menu.
    5. Right click again and select 'delete token' from the radial menu.
    6. Drag the token back into the map and all should be in scale.

You should now have no problems with any token dragged onto this particular map or any which arrive on the map via an encounter etc.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Cant see your image upload just yet.

Whilst FG will size/scale varying sizes of tokens to match the grid and the monster size the health bar can and does get messed up with larger tokens.
    The LMoP Maps are all 50px or less per 5' square so tokens of 256x256 are likely to result in the issue.
    Were you ever able to see the image uploads?
    Ultimate License Holder

Yes, the uploads are there and is exactly the problem that I have seen also. See my post above for the solution.

Thread Information