FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Everyone, Thanks again for the help.

I will implement the token scale changes for my current players and make sure all future tokens I make are at that smaller scale suggested by Damned and Moon. I will verify the map scale as suggested by Zacchaeus, as a factor of safety. No reason to risk the lives of the innocent adventures!

It is still confounding that I changed nothing to the map or the tokens from those images.

I'm not an expert in this area since I don't know how Fantasy Grounds handles these things in the background. What I can tell you however is that in my current campaign this problem occurred for me without me having changed any scaling etc. We're playing Hoard of the Dragon Queen and when the players transitioned from one map where the player names and health bars were correctly sized onto the next map, the names and health bars were unreadable. I think what that means is that Fantasy Grounds remembers what the scale of the token was and uses that scale until it is changed. This means that if all of the maps are the same scale such as 50px per 5' grid then the tokens will all scale properly for every map. However if there is a map with a different resolution then the tokens won't scale properly.

This is just my theory by the way, but in my mind it explains things

At any rate whenever a new map is likely in a following session I always test that the tokens will be properly scaled using the method I outlined above well before the session starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I'm not an expert in this area since I don't know how Fantasy Grounds handles these things in the background. What I can tell you however is that in my current campaign this problem occurred for me without me having changed any scaling etc. We're playing Hoard of the Dragon Queen and when the players transitioned from one map where the player names and health bars were correctly sized onto the next map, the names and health bars were unreadable. I think what that means is that Fantasy Grounds remembers what the scale of the token was and uses that scale until it is changed. This means that if all of the maps are the same scale such as 50px per 5' grid then the tokens will all scale properly for every map. However if there is a map with a different resolution then the tokens won't scale properly.

This is just my theory by the way, but in my mind it explains things

At any rate whenever a new map is likely in a following session I always test that the tokens will be properly scaled using the method I outlined above well before the session starts.
    That makes sense. It helps me wrap my brain around it better than just 'It happens sometime.'

Thanks.

I found that you just drop a token (hidden) that you know works, like a module token first and all the rest (hi res) will be fine. (I use one from the Phandelver 5e Mod.)

Thread Information