5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12

This would be a very useful function for me. Player's can't turn off targeting when something is invisible to them (and it shows the location of the hidden monster).

@damned: Instead of turning on and off visibility, try rapidly increasing and decreasing the size of the token - the giant whatever is your active combatant.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Some questions:
    * Does this seem useful?
    * Are there situations where you wouldn't want the targeting removed when an NPC becomes invisible in the combat tracker?
    * Do people use visibility in the combat tracker when creatures turn invisible, or just use the Invisible effect (D&D rulesets)?
    * Any other thoughts?
    1. Very useful, if you have players that use targeting and like to metagame.
    2. I can't think of any situation when I would not want this. Then again, if I found it a problem, I'd just delete the token and re-drag it from the CT when the opponent became visible again.
    3. I use both the effect (for miss chance) and the visibility in the CT (so the players have to try to locate the square).
    4. Thank you for asking before making a change that won't be optional. Means a lot.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    Player's can't turn off targeting when something is invisible to them.
    Why not? I believe they can hit the Remove Targets button in the upper left corner of the map or Ctrl+left click the opponent in the CT.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

I just reviewed all the comments and thoughts, and considered this some more.

Here's my current plan to implement in v3.1.2 beta.
    * Remove targeting automatically when NPC set to not visible in the CT.

Thoughts:
    The lack of ability to easily deselect hidden targets for players without a full target wipe using the toolbar button is a good reason. Also, it seems like this is most likely the desired behavior in the majority of cases. In the few cases where it is not wanted, the GM can re-target the hidden NPC for the player, or the rolls can be dragged onto the target by the GM.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information