5E Character Create Playlist
Page 41 of 52 First ... 31394041424351 ... Last

Thread: DCC RPG Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CowsRespectMe View Post
    How do you access the xml code from the templates? Opening the .mod files with notepad++ just shows a garbled mess of characters for me.
    You can use any app that can open a .zip file to open the .mod file - no need to change the file extension. If you plan to edit in-game, the module templates probably have less to offer. I had the xml coders in mind with these.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I just got a response:
    "Noted, and a worthy goal. I will absolutely see what we can do.

cheers,
    Brendan "
    Wonderful, now I just hope my ruleset doesn't start throwing script errors during a Twitch stream... I haven't playtested it in a real game for awhile.

Blog Entries
    Updated to 3.0.8

• Compatibility updates for CoreRPG 3.3.7.
    • Weight will only display on item records if the 'Variant' encumbrance rule is enabled in Options.
    • Fixed a script error when spell records are dropped onto the Actions tab.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Leozelig,

In a spells module, using your spell template, can the <general></general> or <manifestation></manifestation> field etc (the so called "powerstats") be set to FORMATTEDTEXT instead of STRING?

I am getting an error on spells where I have done that.

Also, it looks like you cannot use <b></b> in STRING fields.

Just finished entering all the spells...and found that I may need to go fix all the BOLD and ITALIC text I entered and anywhere I changed to FORMATTEDTEXT :-(

Thanks
    Kirklandone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kirklandone View Post
    Leozelig,

In a spells module, using your spell template, can the <general></general> or <manifestation></manifestation> field etc (the so called "powerstats") be set to FORMATTEDTEXT instead of STRING?

I am getting an error on spells where I have done that.

Also, it looks like you cannot use <b></b> in STRING fields.

Just finished entering all the spells...and found that I may need to go fix all the BOLD and ITALIC text I entered and anywhere I changed to FORMATTEDTEXT :-(

Thanks
    Kirklandone
    The field type for a record sheet is set by the ruleset code, so the module format has to be consistent with that. It's true that string fields do not allow for bold or italics.
    Last edited by leozelig; December 26th, 2018 at 12:36.

Blog Entries
    I am going to leave the spell record string fields as they are for now. Changing them will generate type mismatch errors for everyone with existing campaigns and modules.

Leozelig,

Thanks for looking into the spell records. I have fixed all my BOLD and ITALIC and shifted back to STRING where appropriate and everything looks great.

Is it possible to link the Spell Lists into the Character Class <text type="formattedtext"> area?

I have tried the following XML:

<listlink><link type="windowreference" class="reference_classspelllist" recordname="lists.wizardspells">Wizard Spells</link></listlink>

That creates a link, but it opens a blank window. It does not find the appropriate list in my spells module. Do I have to somehow add reference to that module in my library (DCCRPGSpells)?

NOTE: If I look in the Library under my DCC RPG Spells module, it does have a link to Spells (Wizards Spells, Cleric Spells, Patron Spells) and if you click on Wizard Spells it does come up with the appropriate list I am trying to put into my class entry.

Thanks
    Kirklandone

Quote Originally Posted by kirklandone View Post
    LDo I have to somehow add reference to that module in my library (DCCRPGSpells)?
    Yes, otherwise FG assumes it's the campaign database you're referring to. Info on database paths here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Database_Paths

You can add @<module name> to be specific about the exact module where the database path points to, or you can use a wild card @* to look at opened modules - the gotcha with wildcards is that you can't guarantee the order in which FG will search to find the first match.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Yes, otherwise FG assumes it's the campaign database you're referring to. Info on database paths here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Database_Paths

You can add @<module name> to be specific about the exact module where the database path points to, or you can use a wild card @* to look at opened modules - the gotcha with wildcards is that you can't guarantee the order in which FG will search to find the first match.
    Leozelig,

Thanks, got the link to work properly. Not sure why I did not see that in the example 3.5E Basic Rules XML I was copying.

So, my next question is about dropping spells onto character sheets in the Action tab.

I get the following error.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_power.lua"]:1720: attempt to index global "DataSpell" (a nil value).

An I missing something or is something goofed up in my "scratch" campaign (where I am testing all my new mods etc)?

Thanks,
    Kirklandone

I figured out my problem. I had an older version of the ruleset loaded. The new one (3.0.8) has that section of the manager_power.lua commented out.

Thread Information