STAR TREK 2d20
Page 35 of 52 First ... 25333435363745 ... Last

Thread: DCC RPG Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Working on a small update for CoreRPG 3.3.4:

• Attack dice can be added to NPC attacks (optional): Bite d20-1 melee (1d3).
    • Damage and heal actions can be assigned multipliers on stat bonuses.
    • Multiple damage types not parsing correctly. Fixed.
    • Rolling the hit die from the classes dialog box generates an error. Fixed.

I hope to make some new tutorial videos soon. I have borrowed much of the code from 5E, so when in doubt, check the 5E user guide.

I have created modules for all of the core rules - reference manual, equipment, spells, and monsters... but sadly, I do not have permission from GG to share.

As always, post bugs here.

Blog Entries
    Always happy yo see improvements and I am getting closer and closer to running a campaign using it. Thanks!
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Ruleset updated to 3.0.3

• Range field for weapons changed to string to allow for short, medium, and long range entry (i.e. 10/20/30).
    • Armor check penalty button for skills is hidden when penalty not applied and not in edit mode.
    • Added size field to Notes tab of character sheet (default = medium) for conditional effects.
    • Added size and type fields to NPC record for conditional effects. Space and reach for map tokens are auto-calculated from size (default = 5/5).
    • Weights for equipped items were not added to total when 'Variant' encumbrance option enabled. Fixed.
    • AC was not recalculating when equipped armor is deleted from inventory. Fixed.
    • Weapons remained in the weapon list when deleted from inventory. Fixed.

See post #341 for other changes. Thanks to JPG for helping me understand the last two bugs on the list.

Let me know if you run into any problems.
    Last edited by leozelig; February 7th, 2018 at 02:27.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the constant improvements to this.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Excellent turnaround, thanks!

Blog Entries
    I uploaded a quick fix for the 'Hand' field in the weapon dialog box. The 'Primary' and 'Off Hand' labels were not displaying in the string cycler.

Having an issue with the attack die field on the actions tab of the character sheet. No matter what I set it to, I get the error message when attempting to test roll-to-hit:
    "Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_weapon.lua"]:106: attempt to compare nil with number"

Also, usually I create weapons in the main items tab first, then copy over to a character sheet inventory.
    In that process, the damage type doesn't transfer over to the weapon window on the actions tab of the character sheet. Minor inconvenience on that one though since I can easily type that in or copy it over from the item.

Edit: I think I figured it out the first issue. I didn't notice the little magnifying glass on the top of the actions tab for setting weapon meta info, and once I set the crit die, that seemed to clear the above error!

Suggestion: Maybe move that magnifying glass down a notch next to the Fumble/Crit/Deed die roll buttons so it's a little more visible?

I guess my eyes are beginning to exhibit signs of aging, must've been from reading the 5pt font in the Chivalry & Sorcery red book.
    Last edited by benjihad; February 23rd, 2018 at 11:44. Reason: Solved my own problem

The ruleset is awesome. Thanks a ton for this.

Question: Is there a way to autoroll on the created tables (for monsters and PCs) when a crit happens? Or, for PCs, when clicking on the "Crit" button on the character sheet?
    Last edited by Mentalic; April 7th, 2018 at 21:42.

Blog Entries
    I could set up auto-roll for crits and fumbles, but I didn't know if that would take away the fun of rolling. I didn't want to over-automate things, if that makes any sense.

If there were an option, I would use it (both as a DM and a Player). Maybe make it an option?

Thanks for the reply, btw!

Thread Information