FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 40 of 52 First ... 30383940414250 ... Last

Thread: DCC RPG Ruleset

So I'm pretty new to Fantasy Grounds, but I'm pretty excited to try DCC out on it. I'm having a few issues with this, that a quick google search of this thread is not revealing.

To get this up and running, I'm trying to do the following work flow:
    1) Upload the templates from the first post.
    2) Drag to copy each item to make a version that is not read-only.
    3) Add in necessary game information.

I'm struggling to put much meaningful information in the classes. For example, I am unable to drag any of the weapons or armor into the proficiency lists. Although, even if I make a class from scratch this seems to be the case.
    For the rest of these features, should I just be adding descriptive text for the player? Or are there keywords or numbers I need to be adding to synchronize with this?

What have you guys done for fumble and crit tables? Are there considerations to integrate them with Fantasy Grounds functionality, or are they pretty much just for reference? Is there a way to include 0 on them?

Thanks for all the work on this; I'm stoked to get playing!

Blog Entries
    The proficiency fields in the class record are text only, so that's why dragging items doesn't work. I cut/paste the "Weapon Training" section from the class description in the rules. The last sentence of that section typically covers armor proficiency.

I have not used rollable tables in Fantasy Grounds for crits and fumbles, but you can certainly do that. I have a module with all of the tables that I refer to when necessary. For a rollable table, you can include a row for 0, and I believe any roll of 0 or lower will use that result.

Blog Entries
    Does the ruleset use “source”. I put wizard or cleric in school and put the rule book used and the page number in source (so I can mix and match 3rd party and keep track of where it came from).
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    Does the ruleset use “source”. I put wizard or cleric in school and put the rule book used and the page number in source (so I can mix and match 3rd party and keep track of where it came from).
    You can use it however you want really. The intention is that "source" refers to the source of magic (wizard, cleric, specific patrons, etc.) - basically the same as 5E. School is not much of a thing in DCC, but if you have the level 2 wizard spell arcane affinity, there is potential to introduce schools of magic (conjuration, divination, etc.), so that would be the school of course. In most cases, that field is blank.

Blog Entries
    I’ll just cut and paste the reference to the spell text area at the bottom and move what I use school for to source.

I have the class information and all the 1st level spells entered. Slowly building up the rule book whenever I have a burst of motivation. I want to start running a few of the adventures I have in the next year.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    I’ll just cut and paste the reference to the spell text area at the bottom and move what I use school for to source.

I have the class information and all the 1st level spells entered. Slowly building up the rule book whenever I have a burst of motivation. I want to start running a few of the adventures I have in the next year.
    One thing to keep in mind is that players can't access all the spells immediately on leveling like D&D. You can add the spells as you go and the players/NPCs need them. It can certainly make it easier to get playing.

Blog Entries
    I guess I didn’t think of the module templates as blank entries to be edited in-game, more for direct xml editing, but either way works. You can remove all the static=“true” code from the xml code to allow direct editing of the module info. A pdf copy of the rules is a must-have, along with ample use of CTRL-C, CTRL-V, and CTRL-J.

I might run a few “Road Crew” one-shot games if that’s an option in 2019. People of the Pit has been on my list for a long time.

How do you access the xml code from the templates? Opening the .mod files with notepad++ just shows a garbled mess of characters for me.

Blog Entries
    The .mod is just a renamed .zip. Either open up the .mod directly or rename to .zip and you get access to the raw files.

Not sure why you want access. You can just open tnem up in program and cut and paste. I guess if you have the ruleset text already extracted it would work.

Otherwise, I am pretty sure the entries are just the standard 5e fields repurposed.

Thread Information