5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    Huzzah!! *raises mug*
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Big thanks to all the chaps who organised yesterday's FGDaze event. It was all jolly good fun

Blog Entries
    Big thanks to all the GMs who put time and effort into running these sessions. Feel free to send your feedback via this thread - the good, the bad and the ugly.

I ran a Dungeon World experiment and had a great time.

FGDaze was a success again. I had a great time in Morgentales game, i'm going to try and run a few one shots myself here and there as they are a great way for folks to see how all the fun works and try out new things.
    Thanks to all the GMs for giving up your time to run the games.

Blog Entries
    Hey Goltron, did you know about this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6lcnl6msjw...raft).pdf?dl=0
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Hey! My feedback is I love playing in FG, but hate the calendar. I mostly do Adventure League games and prefer another website just to post my games there. It was fun teaching new people FG though!
    Ultimate License Holders

Blog Entries
    Would someone take a look at my thread and calendar entry and tell me what time they think the game was scheduled for (5E Undermountain: Through the Yawning Portal)? I had 5 no shows. One has contacted me to say they thought the game was at 9pm EDT and were sorry they missed it. Never heard from the others though. Fortunately I had a waitlist and they both showed and I got my son to join us, but with that many no shows. I have to imagine I did a poor job of communicating the time, location or something.

(note, I've removed the server alias and password from the calendar entry, it was there.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

[QUOTE=LordEntrails;226638]Would someone take a look at my thread and calendar entry and tell me what time they think the game was scheduled for (5E Undermountain: Through the Yawning Portal)? I had 5 no shows.QUOTE]
    The time has past so it doesn't show anymore.

Even if you got it 100% correct it seems that so many people: don't set their timezone in their profile, misread the time or even ignore the shown time and do their own timezone "conversion" (completely botching it). And so many people think that when in daylight savings they're still in in their usual GMT offset (people in the UK think they're still in GMT, when they're in GMT+1; people in US Eastern think they're still in GMT-5 when they're in GMT-4 etc.). My question to you would be - are you in daylight savings at present or are you in Arizona and don't have daylight savings? Even if you're in Mountain Standard (not in daylight savings) some people will see "Mountain" and think that's the usual Mountain timezone (currently in daylight savings) and make bad calculations from that.

With one-shots like this I don't accept anyone on the game calendar until they've communicated (either in the thread or via PM) and if it looks like a weird time for them (e.g. very late/early) I'll confirm straight away before accepting them. You can also see people's timezone (TMZ) in the game calendar and I'll usually PM people close to the date re-confirming the time with people.

Even if you do all you can to confirm everything with players you can still get no-shows (I saw one person on one of the thread apologize for not showing because they just plain forgot), but hopefully not that many...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Trenloe, Everyone had their timezone set. I guess the two things to learn:
    1) Don't accept the player until they post in the thread or a PM.
    2) Send reminder PM with time and make sure they know when it is for them.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    We can consider using the FGCon booking system - it is also not perfect though.
    We went with the FG Calendar to keep management overhead down and to keep it as simple/easy for new users as possible.
    We have some time now before the next FGDaze! to look at our options.

Thank you also to Doug and John for the License Bump! over the weekend allowing Full Licenses to accept Demo players.

The next event coming up is Gamer Geekend: https://www.gamergeekend.org/events/role-playing-games/
    Followed by FG Con 7 in October.

Thread Information