DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 8 First ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazzar View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a version of this extension that works with FG 3.3.6? I tried this extension but get a bunch of errors.
    Video 6 in this series shows you how to create your own effects for effect targeting.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you.. I saw that.. It was very good.

I am looking to do some things that are a little out of the box. I wonder if you know how anything like this is possible (if its possible).

1) A life drain effect where an effect is added to an NPC. If that NPC takes damage from another player, it triggers a heal to that player.

I was thinking that we set an effect with a name (call it Life Drain) that gets applied to the NPC. Then we set an effect on all the other PC's that have a condition IFT: CUSTOM(Life Drain); Heal: 1d6 or IFT: CUSTOM(Life Drain); REGEN: 1d6

The problem is that i can't get Heal or Regen to trigger from an IFT statement.

2) I am also looking for a way to have an effect expire on the NPC as soon as it takes damage.

Any ideas on this?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazzar View Post
    Thank you.. I saw that.. It was very good.

I am looking to do some things that are a little out of the box. I wonder if you know how anything like this is possible (if its possible).

1) A life drain effect where an effect is added to an NPC. If that NPC takes damage from another player, it triggers a heal to that player.

I was thinking that we set an effect with a name (call it Life Drain) that gets applied to the NPC. Then we set an effect on all the other PC's that have a condition IFT: CUSTOM(Life Drain); Heal: 1d6 or IFT: CUSTOM(Life Drain); REGEN: 1d6

The problem is that i can't get Heal or Regen to trigger from an IFT statement.

2) I am also looking for a way to have an effect expire on the NPC as soon as it takes damage.

Any ideas on this?
    Not sure that can be done the way you want to do it. Would be nice.

For life drain, you have to do it manually - heal the d6 after the attack. At least as far as I know. If you figure a way, I'd love to hear about it.

IFT: CUSTOM(Life Drain); DMG: 1d6 works
    IFT: CUSTOM(Life Drain); HEAL: 1d6 does not (and if it DID work, you would be healing the target anyway)
    Last edited by rob2e; November 28th, 2018 at 07:08.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

You can't do either of those things automatically. Not every keyword can be used as a targetted effect and HEAL isn't one of them. Additionally IFT and IF can only test for conditions (poisoned, prone etc) and conditional modifiers (TYPE, SIZE etc) so you can't test for things like damage taken.

So you'd need to deal with both manually.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information