FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    Trenloe,

I spent a little bit evaluating the incompatibility this evening, and a few options came to mind. The only seemingly irrectifiable conflict seems to be the power_action_mini.lua and power_action.lua files. The thing is, for my extension, it's just used for cosmetic labels. It's kind of nice, but in no way necessary. I can just kill that feature and make our extensions compatible. It's nice, but in no way necessary for the function. There are plenty of more complicated and/or less elegant solutions out there for compatibility, but it really feels like the tradeoff between a little less descriptive information and compatibility between the two mods is a no-brainer.

Thoughts?
    +2 License of Ultimate Hosting
    Current Projects: Murder in Baldur's Gate Module
    Completed Projects: Curse of Strahd module, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Module, Out of the Abyss Module, Legacy of the Crystal Shard Module, Scourge of the Sword Coast Module, Effect Targeting Extension (5e), Unearthed Arcana: Vitality Extension

Yeah, if you don't specifically need the code in the scripts that clash then it would be cool if you removed it to make it not clash. I've had a look and I can't see an easy way of separating this out as even one of the functions in a script is used by both extensions. Although I might have an idea - give me some time to check it out...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Scratch that idea - the scripts aren't global packages, so we can't override a single function within the script file.

So, if you don't mind removing the cosmetic, nice stuff that would be cool.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Heya,

I've made a compatible version. I can update the top post with it, but I wanted to ask if there was a way to control where new UI elements merge. Currently I have this:

Code:
    <windowclass name="power_effect_editor_main" merge="join" >
      <sheetdata>
    	<label_column name="effect_target_label">
    	  <static textres="power_label_effect_target" />
    	</label_column>
    	<button_stringcycler name="effect_target">
    	  <anchored width="60" height="20">
    		<top parent="columnanchor" anchor="bottom" relation="relative" offset="7" />
    		<left offset="97" />
    	  </anchored>
    	  <parameters>
    		<defaultlabelres>power_label_effect_targetnone</defaultlabelres>
    		<labelsres>power_label_effect_targetself|power_label_effect_targets</labelsres>
    		<values>self|targets</values>
    	  </parameters>
    	</button_stringcycler>
      </sheetdata>
    </windowclass>
    It's not strictly necessary handle the UI addition with this merge, but I wanted to try to minimize the extension's profile, for everyone's convenience. However, when I do this, it goes Targeting, Expend?, Effect Target. Not super important, but not really ideal.

Any idea how I can use the merge to put the Effect Target heading above Expend?

Thanks
    Completed Projects: Curse of Strahd module, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Module, Out of the Abyss Module, Legacy of the Crystal Shard Module, Scourge of the Sword Coast Module, Effect Targeting Extension (5e), Unearthed Arcana: Vitality Extension

As the positioning is using "relative" anchoring I believe you'll have to put all of the controls used in that relative anchoring chain in the custom XML. There may be another way, but I can't think of anything reliable that fits in with the dynamic nature of relative anchoring.

Trenloe - I have updated it and the extensions are now compatible. Extension's descriptive text on the character sheet has been removed.

Unless I've done something wrong, this isn't working as of today. It was working fine. The effect action it is breaking is: Cure Wounds; Additional Spell Slots; HEAL: 1d8; [ROLL]; [SELF]
    The effect doesn't expend on the next roll. Removing the extension resolves the problem.

Thanks for reporting this. I'll take a look at it as soon as I can.

Hey limpinjezus,

I've tested the issue and it seems that it is a bug with FG, and removing the extension doesn't actually solve the problem. Let me elaborate on what I see happening. Let me know if your experience differs.

With the extension:
    Without Effect Target: If your effect is "Cure Wounds; Additional Spell Slots; HEAL: 1d8; [ROLL]; [SELF]", and Effect Target is set to "None", when you use it it appropriately applies the effect to yourself without a specified effect target. If you use a self-heal it triggers and is expended. <- Working as desired.
    With Effect Target: If your effect is "Cure Wounds; Additional Spell Slots; HEAL: 1d8; [ROLL]; [SELF]", and Effect Target is set to "Self", when you use it appropriately applies the effect to yourself with you as the specified effect target. If you use a self-heal it does not trigger and is not expended. <- Not working as desired. The effect should have triggered.

Without the extension:
    Without Effect Target: If your effect is "Cure Wounds; Additional Spell Slots; HEAL: 1d8; [ROLL]; [SELF]", when you use it it appropriately applies the effect to yourself without a specified effect target. If you use a self-heal it triggers and is expended. <- Working as desired.
    With Effect Target: If your effect is "Cure Wounds; Additional Spell Slots; HEAL: 1d8; [ROLL]; [SELF]", when you use it you must either shift drag the effect to yourself in the CT or map, or open up the effect breakout of the CT and use the effect target button to mark yourself the effect target in order to set the effect target. If you use a self-heal it does not trigger and is not expended. <- Not working as desired. The effect should have triggered.

You can avoid the issue for now by setting the Effect Target to none. It sounds like you're using it in such a way that it shouldn't matter anyway - ie applying the effect right before casting the spell. Actually, even if it was functioning properly I don't think you want the Effect Target to be set to self for this ability. That would mean he would benefit from the bonus healing only if he was healing himself.

But yeah, Fantasy Grounds seems not to be properly triggering effects with effect targets that modify heals.

Quote Originally Posted by TASagent View Post
    Hey limpinjezus,

I've tested the issue and it seems that it is a bug with FG, and removing the extension doesn't actually solve the problem. Let me elaborate on what I see happening. Let me know if your experience differs.

With the extension:
    Without Effect Target: If your effect is "Cure Wounds; Additional Spell Slots; HEAL: 1d8; [ROLL]; [SELF]", and Effect Target is set to "None", when you use it it appropriately applies the effect to yourself without a specified effect target. If you use a self-heal it triggers and is expended. <- Working as desired.
    With Effect Target: If your effect is "Cure Wounds; Additional Spell Slots; HEAL: 1d8; [ROLL]; [SELF]", and Effect Target is set to "Self", when you use it appropriately applies the effect to yourself with you as the specified effect target. If you use a self-heal it does not trigger and is not expended. <- Not working as desired. The effect should have triggered.

Without the extension:
    Without Effect Target: If your effect is "Cure Wounds; Additional Spell Slots; HEAL: 1d8; [ROLL]; [SELF]", when you use it it appropriately applies the effect to yourself without a specified effect target. If you use a self-heal it triggers and is expended. <- Working as desired.
    With Effect Target: If your effect is "Cure Wounds; Additional Spell Slots; HEAL: 1d8; [ROLL]; [SELF]", when you use it you must either shift drag the effect to yourself in the CT or map, or open up the effect breakout of the CT and use the effect target button to mark yourself the effect target in order to set the effect target. If you use a self-heal it does not trigger and is not expended. <- Not working as desired. The effect should have triggered.

You can avoid the issue for now by setting the Effect Target to none. It sounds like you're using it in such a way that it shouldn't matter anyway - ie applying the effect right before casting the spell. Actually, even if it was functioning properly I don't think you want the Effect Target to be set to self for this ability. That would mean he would benefit from the bonus healing only if he was healing himself.

But yeah, Fantasy Grounds seems not to be properly triggering effects with effect targets that modify heals.
    I went back with the extension enabled and found, yes, if the Effect Target is set to anything but None, the HEAL is not expended on the next ROLL. I tested this with DMG and it works properly, so yes, it seems something is bugged with HEAL.

However, to your second point without the extension, I have tested and I cannot get it to fail under any logical scenario I've tried. The HEAL is always expended on the targets, whether targeting self or others.

Thread Information