FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

DND5E - Starscapes Homebrew - Looking for Some Adventurers!

Starscapes

Over a hundred thousand years past, a great cataclysm fell upon the material planes. The swirling maelstrom of the outer realms spun out of control and the prime material collapsed in on itself, much like a star collapsing into a black hole. Those that survived, and weathered the storms of the planar shifts began to adapt and survive in foreign realms cut off from civilization. No longer is the material plane the habitable terrain it once was, but is now a stormy tempest of chaos and unpredictability. In the modern age, the most powerful of elements lie close to where the material plane once rested, and at the furthest depths is a sea of empty barren wasteland stretched outward at the universes edge. Abstract realms spread out like a nebula and mix with one another in this ocean of astral surrealism. This where man exists, and where man tries to survive.

Over time, civilizations re-established themselves and began to make way to chart these new formed seas. Scholars began to scribble up maps and cartography became a dangerous but profitable market. However, the swells and storms of the planar seas still posed a veritable danger to even the most seasoned explorers.

People began to adapt, meet, and flourish once again, for the first time in so long. This is where our story begins. In the cloud city of Bastion. A settlement named justly so, as it was the first major site of racial congregation. A city fabled for its desire of understanding, and sheltering for all who arrived at its gates.

Perhaps you are from Bastion, Perhaps you are a refugee from a newly discovered place, or perhaps you are from somewhere else. Despite which, you have been graced with the honor of either your people, a guild of renown, or a fate chosen by the gods themselves. Wherever the place, and whatever the reason, you have been called to the highest court in all of Bastion. A place where even the most regal and noble of folk across all planes rarely visit. What could be the reason for this mysterious summon? Only time shall tell.

FG License: GM has an Ultimate License
    System: 5E Homebrew
    Style: Long term heavy narrative roleplay, light combat/dungeon delving. Centrally focused around theatre of the mind, and less on maps.
    Communication: Skype, voice
    Session Start: The first session will be on Friday, June 5th. The times are as follows:
    Eastern Time: 8:00 PM
    Central Time: 7:00 PM
    Mountain Time: 6:00 PM
    Pacific Time: 5:00 PM
    Game Frequency: Weekly
    Number of players needed: 4
    Starting level: 3rd
    Restrictions: Core classes/races. However, since this is a homebrew setting, with many mysterious elements, if you have an idea for a custom race, we can talk. Unconventional/Custom deities are also welcome to discussion. Alignment is set to no evil characters. Anything else is permissible.
    DM Experience: I have run 3E, 4E, and 5E campaigns for over 5 years (Many within Fantasy Grounds). I’ve hosted almost exclusively battlemap campaigns, so learning this narrative style will be new to me. I hope that we all shall have fun in building and creating an abstract, terrifying, bewildering, fascinating, beautiful, etc. world together. If you are new to 5E, D&D, or tabletops, I can help work with you to learn the basics of the game. However, the dynamics of the game will be different from many games. As the main focus is striving towards a creative atmosphere.

Immerse yourself in a character design, pick something that intrigues and inspires you!

Calendar Page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=1437

Please sign up below if you are interested in joining. I will PM you if there is room and we can chat more.

PLAYER REGISTRATIONS: (4/4 Slots Filled)

Current Players
    Aasimir as Rhogar
    Mr. Phoenix as Cade
    Liberate98 as Jormund
    Jotarq as J'Lar
    Last edited by Seraphim; May 31st, 2015 at 02:26.

Fantasy Grounds 2 Ultimate License User
    Player and GM for D&D 3rd, 4th, 5th, Pathfinder, New World of Darkness (Vampire, Mage, and Hunter), Nobilis, Savage Worlds, Legend of the Five Rings (4E), Eclipse Phase, Burning Wheel, Mouseguard and Microscope.

I'll be joining up.

Blazing fists of fury.

Much want to play this game but as it is a Friday game i am out of luck for the time being but it sounds amazing
    Very Respectfully
    Taonna
    Wizard,rogue and friend
    Have a nice day

Would love to join im brand new, fridays are great for me
    Last edited by Inked_aasimar; May 29th, 2015 at 11:45.

Also interested in playing. New to FG, but have table topped with OpenRPG in the past. Have significant 3.5e experience, limited 4e and am a 5e virgin :-). Date and time work fine for me.

I come back after posting and lo' and behold, not many responses! That is quite the first here -grins-.

So far, i have spoken with two of the players who have signed up, and we have started crafting their characters.
    Last edited by Seraphim; May 30th, 2015 at 03:15.

Player and GM for D&D 3rd, 4th, 5th, Pathfinder, New World of Darkness (Vampire, Mage, and Hunter), Nobilis, Savage Worlds, Legend of the Five Rings (4E), Eclipse Phase, Burning Wheel, Mouseguard and Microscope.

ill sign up, that time should work for me.

edit: i'm available to start talking and crafting a character anytime you're ready too.
    Last edited by Mr. Phoenix; May 29th, 2015 at 23:15.

If I didn't already have a long-standing Friday eve game, I'd definitely give yours a try. Good luck, and if by chance you happen to run something similar on another night I'll be interested! :-)

This time works perfectly for me. I've done a lot of RP in video-games, and D&D. Contact me if you haven't filled up!

We are currently full up. If players dont show for next weeks session, I will reopen. Thanks for the responses folks.

Thread Information