5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Falantrius View Post
    Sounds like I am doing something wrong. For the Local network, I have my computer (for the vertical monitor) and two players all using LOCALHOST.
    Is that the wrong way for the players to connect - sounds like I got a lot to learn about connecting.
    How are the players connecting - do they have their own computers or are they all using your one computer with multiple instances of FG running on the one computer?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    You can create an extension that over-rides the fonts that you wish to change.
    The problem here will be that the controls will need resizing to properly fit new (larger) fonts. The CT is a very compact window with lots of data and icons squeezed into a small area, just increasing the size of a font used will probably make it overlap other areas and/or get clipped.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    You can create an extension that over-rides the fonts that you wish to change.
    Great Idea - how do I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Falantrius View Post
    Great Idea - how do I do that?
    Learning to create extensions is very useful but in the short term a lateral solution might surfice:
    Does the OS ur running the display on have suitable accessability tools like a magnifying glass? Otherwise you could install a third party magnifing app.
    Last edited by Thete; May 21st, 2015 at 02:15.

Ran into a serious problem with the SCALEUI

I had my vertical monitor ScaleUI set at 150

I exited FG to the menu/load screen - was good - however, I went to SETTINGS and exited it - returning back to the Menu/load screen for Loading the Campaign
    when it returned - it had the Load Screen SCALED at 150% - for both the client on the Vertical monitor (which returned to the load after I exited the main one) AND the Primary one that just returned from Configuration

The only thing I could see on the vertical monitor was the Latest News (left side) and the Settings button. On the vertical I couldn't see anyway to exit as the [X] was far off to the right of the screen and I couldn't find a way to move it at all - eventually I had to go to the task bar and close it altogether.

On the primary screen I could just see the edge of the Load Campaign - so I loaded my campaign - which was scaled at 150% - and the chat window was way below the primary screen so I couldn't type or see what I was typing at all - however, I typed in SCALEUI 100 and returned everything back to normal.

Freaked me out - don't want to do that again. Don't hit settings after you scale. Bad ju ju...
    Thought you would want to know though.

Blog Entries
    localhost is a networking term/device/nomenclature for the machine that you are running the commands on.
    it usually has an IP address of 127.0.0.1
    on a properly configured machine 127.0.0.1 will always be referencing itself.
    localhost should do the same

thus you should only be able to connect to your host/campaign using localhost from your computer
    everyone else should use either the internal or external ip or the alias

Attachment 9972
    Last edited by damned; May 21st, 2015 at 14:16.

Thread Information