5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
    Blog Entries

Ultimate License Questions

Sorry if this is already answered elsewhere, I scoured the website and forums and could not find...

What exactly is included in the Ultimate license pack that is not in the regular GM license?

For instance, the Ultimate license webpage says it includes 3.5E, 4.0E, & 5E rules. But if I look in the store, their is no 3.5 or 4.0 ruleset for sale. So, are these rulesets already in the GM license? Are they full rulesets or just the OGL content? Do they include character creation like shown for 5E here? Are 3.5 & 4.0 rule sets available in the community somewhere for free (OGL versions I assume)?

To verify; the Ultimate license includes these items from the store:
    • Complete Core Class Pack
    • Complete Core Monster Pack
    • No adventures or modules

Will the ultimate license include the DMG when released?
    What about plans for things like core expansions (PHB2, DMG2, etc)? Will they be included (not expected)? Available at a discount? etc

The only difference between the GM license and the Ultimate license is whether your players need to pay for a license or not.

All the sheets and rules automation to play 5E, 4E, Pathfinder and 3.5E are included with the license.

All data packs are sold separately, with the exception of the basic 3.5E and Pathfinder OGL data which are included by default.

The rulesets can be used without purchasing any data packs. You just have to fill out sheets, like you would for a normal game. Any data entered is saved for the lifetime of the campaign, and can be exported to your own custom data modules.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Thanks, so not the impression I was under, a lot of the review and comparison info I found I knew was out of date, didn't realize the extent of the changes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The only difference between the GM license and the Ultimate license is whether your players need to pay for a license or not.
    So there are no player only licenses. Just s single user license and a GM w/ unlimited un/licensed players.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    All the sheets and rules automation to play 5E, 4E, Pathfinder and 3.5E are included with the license.

All data packs are sold separately, with the exception of the basic 3.5E and Pathfinder OGL data which are included by default.

The rulesets can be used without purchasing any data packs. You just have to fill out sheets, like you would for a normal game. Any data entered is saved for the lifetime of the campaign, and can be exported to your own custom data modules.
    So the character creation, monster libraries etc shown on the Dungeons & Dragons page require the optional modules (i.e. class packs etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    So the character creation, monster libraries etc shown on the Dungeons & Dragons page require the optional modules (i.e. class packs etc)?
    No, the data packs are just that - data. If you don't want to buy the data packs, you can fill out the sheets manually, you have to type the data yourself. Once you type it in, it's saved in your campaign. That's what Moon Wizard meant when he said "The rulesets can be used without purchasing any data packs. You just have to fill out sheets, like you would for a normal game. Any data entered is saved for the lifetime of the campaign, and can be exported to your own custom data modules." You can do anything shown on that page without the purchase of the data packs - it would just take you a long time. The data packs eliminate that investment of time.

That is correct there player only licenses are no longer sold.

The Normal license (formally called Full License) is for players and GMs. There is a buy 4 for the cost of 3 deal on Steam. The normal license is best for a group with rotating GMs and GMs who want their players to have some financial commitment.

Or groups where there is a primary GM, but you think one or two of the other players might be interested in GM'ing after seeing FG.

Thread Information