DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 59 of 89 First ... 949575859606169 ... Last
    Thanks Trenloe. I cannot seem to wrap my head around it or get the hangup figured out.

I decided to go back to building entries and using the existing tables which has caused me another wrinkle. Some of the titles for weapons are just too long. In the "ref_equipment_lists.xml" I found a value to change that shifted the titles (Name, Skill, Dam, etc) of the table to the right to make room, but I could not get the values below to match up/line up underneath. If I need more width in the name column, is there a simple way to make that happen? Perhaps by doing little steps I can figure out how to make new types of tables work.

Quote Originally Posted by Batei View Post
    I decided to go back to building entries and using the existing tables which has caused me another wrinkle. Some of the titles for weapons are just too long. In the "ref_equipment_lists.xml" I found a value to change that shifted the titles (Name, Skill, Dam, etc) of the table to the right to make room, but I could not get the values below to match up/line up underneath. If I need more width in the name column, is there a simple way to make that happen? Perhaps by doing little steps I can figure out how to make new types of tables work.
    Look at the XML specification for the controls in the windowclass that is used for each line in the table. This is in a different windowclass than the table heading.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I keep looking at it, but it keeps looking like Greek. And I'm barely fluent in English. In the original code, I changed the <anchored width="500" /> to <anchored width="600" /> for the data under the Special column and the accommodated all the things I needed. But I cannot find one that expands the width for the name column. There are some lines that list values in the <bounds>30,2,120,20</bounds>. I experimented with several of these and the only real change I ended up with respect to the columns under the title was one time the name fields overlapped the skill fields. The letters were literally on top of each other where the names ended and the skills began.

At first I was looking for an "anchored width" value for the name column data, but it just doesn't exist. So the answer I think must be in one of the lines with a <bounds>? I tinkered with lines 17, 20, and 129 for the Weapons table. But other than the overlap, I didn't find it.

Also, I've tried to do some web searching to help explain what some of the items mean in the code and clear definitions/meaning eludes me so I am just learning through experimentation. That is of course the slow route, but the web searching is a rabbit hole with little payoff. Seeing the code you guys created is amazing and definitely makes me appreciative of the effort it took. I hope to be able to contribute something eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Batei View Post
    There are some lines that list values in the <bounds>30,2,120,20</bounds>. I experimented with several of these and the only real change I ended up with respect to the columns under the title was one time the name fields overlapped the skill fields. The letters were literally on top of each other where the names ended and the skills began.

At first I was looking for an "anchored width" value for the name column data, but it just doesn't exist. So the answer I think must be in one of the lines with a <bounds>? I tinkered with lines 17, 20, and 129 for the Weapons table. But other than the overlap, I didn't find it.
    You're nearly there!

Controls that use <bounds> are mostly statically positioned - so don't resize/move if the window is resized.

Details on control sizing, bounds, etc. here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ce#Positioning

The way the controls are laid out for the row in the table is:
    1) Link field - static bounds (5-25 pixels from the left).
    2) Name field - static bounds (30 - 150 pixels from the left).
    3) reftableanchor - static bounds (150 pixels from the left). This control is what all of the following <string_reftable> and <number_reftable> entries are relatively anchored to - see "relative" anchoring in the page linked above.
    4+ - reftable controls relatively anchored to the reftableanchor control.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe! That does look like what I need to understand. I will take a look at that this weekend when I can do so without distraction. I'm slow, but once I get something I can usually extrapolate more things from a discovery and eventually run with it.

Trenloe you are a saint! Reading that made a light bulb go off in my head and it actually fixed several things I was having issues with creating new types of tables let alone spacing. Thanks so much!!!!!

Sorry,

New idiot here. Just switched to FG and I LOVE the Star Wars community-supported material.

I've figured pretty much everything out, but one thing that I cannot figure out that seems vital to running a map, is the ability to add an already-dropped-on-map NPC to the initiative tracker. I tend to set up maps and then add NPCs to combat as I go along, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it.

The only thing I can figure out is: put NPCs on map, if PCs fight, add NPCs to tracker from NPC list then replace the tokens that are on the map already. This seems to be the only way to leave the NPCs "linked" when making updates in Combat Tracker.

No way to throw them on the tracker on the fly?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WahaGames View Post
    Sorry,

New idiot here. Just switched to FG and I LOVE the Star Wars community-supported material.

I've figured pretty much everything out, but one thing that I cannot figure out that seems vital to running a map, is the ability to add an already-dropped-on-map NPC to the initiative tracker. I tend to set up maps and then add NPCs to combat as I go along, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it.

The only thing I can figure out is: put NPCs on map, if PCs fight, add NPCs to tracker from NPC list then replace the tokens that are on the map already. This seems to be the only way to leave the NPCs "linked" when making updates in Combat Tracker.

No way to throw them on the tracker on the fly?
    Hey, welcome to the forums!

Though I don't use this ruleset, the one Golden Rule of FG (at least for every oher ruleset and I ***-u-me this one too!) is;
    "Always place PC and NPC tokens on the map from the Combat Tracker"
    So, I think you will find you want to put them on the CT, then from the CT to the map. Never drag directly to the map from anyplace else.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Hey, welcome to the forums!

Though I don't use this ruleset, the one Golden Rule of FG (at least for every oher ruleset and I ***-u-me this one too!) is;
    "Always place PC and NPC tokens on the map from the Combat Tracker"
    So, I think you will find you want to put them on the CT, then from the CT to the map. Never drag directly to the map from anyplace else.
    Simple enough! But then how do I hide opponents from the players? Just have to add them as you go along?

The Pathfinder tracker let's you hide enemies on the tracker so the players cant see them before they encounter them.

Thanks

You should be able to right click them and select Visibility. From there you can make them invisible or visible to players.

Thread Information