STAR TREK 2d20
Page 54 of 89 First ... 444525354555664 ... Last

Hi Chorpa,

I have seen this before but hadn’t related it to having multiple modules open. It sure is a weird one.

I just tested and confirm that the same happens for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    Hi Chorpa,

I have seen this before but hadn’t related it to having multiple modules open. It sure is a weird one.

I just tested and confirm that the same happens for me.
    I took a look, found the problem and fixed it.

I am attaching an extension that will fix it and have emailed Trenloe so he can incorporate a real fix into the ruleset.

Give it a go and if you have any problems let me know.

Ian

MODERATOR: Remove the extension as there is a fix here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post386541 and the extension caused other issues due to an incorrect version compatibility flag.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 26th, 2018 at 00:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorpa View Post
    Hi there. I am running a current campaign in FFG Star Wars over FG with this ruleset and it have worked perfectly most of the time except for minor quirks now and then that doesn't cause a lot of hassle and usually easy to solve on the spot. But one thing that is starting to annoy the crap out of me that I keep to forget to ask about here on the forum. It is actually starting to disturb the game. By now the campaign have gotten a lot of playtime and more adventure modules are created by me. The problem is that NPCs seem to merge stats from NPCs from different modules that are opened into each NPC stat block and sometimes making it difficult to see what belongs to the current NPC and what are from other NPCs. This problem seem to stem from when I have several modules open at the same time. Have to taken some screenshots to illustrate the problem with only one extra module open. Is there a fix available now or a future one coming for this ruleset?
    Thanks for reporting the issue.

And thanks to Ian for (hopefully?) a fix...

I've updated the ruleset to include Ian's fix, and also to fix the library category header issue. It's available here:https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post387198

Can you please let me know if this fixes this specific issue?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 26th, 2018 at 01:12.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hey Trenloe

I can confirm that Ian's fix inclusion in the ruleset works like a charm:
    - GM encounter lib has now 3 sub entries
    - Same for player lib

Thanks for the quick update guys

PS: any status update on the MoreCore migration ?

@Trenloe, I started playing around with the ruleset and libs (for personal updates on some of text references) and i have a couple of question to begin with:
    - are you were using any kind of XSD or external tree definitions for your editing?
    - which software are you using for XML edition? (dev background here)

Thanks guys

Welcome to the forums bigjip!

Quote Originally Posted by bigjip View Post
    PS: any status update on the MoreCore migration ?
    It will be a migration to be layered on top of CoreRPG, not MoreCore. It will be the end of this year/beginning of the next at the earliest.

@Trenloe, I started playing around with the ruleset and libs (for personal updates on some of text references) and i have a couple of question to begin with:
    - are you were using any kind of XSD or external tree definitions for your editing?
    - which software are you using for XML edition? (dev background here)
    Nope, I don't use any XSD or external tree definitions.

I use Notepad++ with the XML plugin for editing FG XML.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 22nd, 2018 at 14:03.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Thanks for reporting the issue.

And thanks to Ian for (hopefully?) a fix...

I've updated the ruleset to include Ian's fix, and also to fix the library category header issue. It's available here:https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post387198

Can you please let me know if this fixes this specific issue?

Thanks.
    You are great guys. That was some quick response. Did a quick start up with the new .pak file and it seem to work like a charm now. I'll let you know if I find any more problems on this issue. Otherwise I must say the ruleset work very nice and seems like it's gonna be a long campaign since the players love it. We are gonna run our 16th session next Thursday.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 26th, 2018 at 01:12.
    Current Game: Post-Tyranny of Dragons Campaign (5E)
    Previous Games: Rise of Tiamat (5E), Heroes of the North/Princes of the Apocalypse (5E), GURPS Old West/Horror, Hoard of the Dragon Queen (5E), Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance (FFG)
    Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/chorpa
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/Erik Sharma

Quote Originally Posted by Chorpa View Post
    Otherwise I must say the ruleset work very nice and seems like it's gonna be a long campaign since the players love it. We are gonna run our 16th session next Thursday.
    Great to hear!

Thanks for the feedback and testing.

And, in future, don't let things get to the point that they're really annoying you. Let us know. Although, I may just fob you off with "yeah, sorry, I'll look at it sometime later...." Which might be more annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Nope, I don't use any XSD or external tree definitions.
    Seriously, you dont even have a mapping reference for your ids (such as <id-00013> under <skills> is X) ?

Edit:
    you must have a lot of code snippets then i guess

Seriously, you dont even have a mapping reference for your ids (such as <id-00013> under <skills> is X) ?
    Nope, because this is the FG child DB node naming and people can delete and remove the child records as they need, so there is never a guarantee that node id-00001 is the Astrogation skill, for example.

If you look at the FG LUA code, you'll see plenty of times where FG cycles through a set of records (a LUA table) using the LUA "pairs" function, and then some field within each DB node will be looked at for a match - usually "name" but could be something else.

ok, make complete sense

I thought this was associated with some kind of schema defined in the ruleset files, tbh i did not spend enough time on this (too busy playing around with the wonderful outcome)
    I guess i should start by "first-things-first" and look at the tutorials...

Any pointers you would recommend inside all these resources (the wiki, the forum and subforums...) to get started ?
    (in the context of the SW ruleset only for now)

Thread Information